C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Notice about Ray Huffines in Plano TX! There is a new Shop Foreman in the house..

Old 01-17-2002, 06:03 PM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Notice about Ray Huffines in Plano TX! There is a new Shop Foreman in the house..

I took my car in because I had lost compression in cylinder #2 (front passenger side) and I have ALWAYS taken my modded car there because they were mod friendly.

But my service advisor called me and told me to come get the car ASAP because it had an aftermarket intake and headers thus they WOULD NOT touch my car. He said that their new Shop Foreman was NOT mod friendly and is refusing ANY car with mods for ANY sort of warranty work - factory OR extended.

Solution, I had my car towed to Speed Works in Lewisville where they replaced a broken valve spring and all is gravy again. :D

Just wanted to pass the info along so you guys can avoid the hassle and headache.

BP :cheers:
Old 01-17-2002, 06:12 PM
ChrisB
Pro

Default Re: Notice about Ray Huffines in Plano TX! There is a new Shop Foreman in the house.. (bparker)

We had a 66 charger there getting looked it - I wasn't in town, and the MSD had died and my father couldn't do the swap himself.

He took it there and they had agreed to fix it for 75 bucks. Steep, but okay. I sent him a new MSD, and when he went to pick up the car the bill was for 843 dollars. They said it needed a new DISTRIBUTOR (not just cap and rotor), coil, wires, plugs, msd, plus a 400 dollar diagnostic fee.

IMHO whoever the new shop foreman is; well, I hope his work release expires soon and they get the old guy back.

[Modified by ChrisB, 4:12 PM 1/17/2002]
Old 01-17-2002, 06:22 PM
kewlbrz
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Notice about Ray Huffines in Plano TX! There is a new Shop Foreman in the house.. (bparker)

Thanks Buddy.

Will remember to steer WAY clear of the Ray Huffines outfit.

I am in the market for a new vette too, and HAD considered letting them be in the process of dealers that I would look at. Not NOW!

Here is a good place to let them know how you feel.
http://www.huffineschevrolet.com/f_email.cgi

[Modified by kewlbrz, 4:27 PM 1/17/2002]
Old 01-17-2002, 07:35 PM
Ram Air Tony
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Notice about Ray Huffines in Plano TX! There is a new Shop Foreman in the house.. (kewlbrz)

what about the one in Lewisville where Mhefner gets work done???

thnaks
Old 01-17-2002, 08:22 PM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Notice about Ray Huffines in Plano TX! There is a new Shop Foreman in the house.. (Ram Air Tony)

what about the one in Lewisville where Mhefner gets work done??? thnaks
Hey Tony, I dont know, Dan asked me if I had spoken with them as they were friendly to thier knowlege - but my car was already sitting there at the shop so it was a mute point at that time..

keep me posted if you find out as my car needs a new friend.. hehe
Old 01-17-2002, 08:51 PM
geekracer
Melting Slicks

Is Keith still there? Can he do anything? That sucks :(
Old 01-17-2002, 08:51 PM
ToplessTexan
Safety Car

Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Notice about Ray Huffines in Plano TX! There is a new Shop Foreman in the house.. (Ram Air Tony)

what about the one in Lewisville where Mhefner gets work done???
That would be the place that this summer drove the car with dead oil pump even after the owner asked them not to? I think Mike has an in there. :D

Old 01-17-2002, 08:54 PM
ToplessTexan
Safety Car

Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Notice about Ray Huffines in Plano TX! There is a new Shop Foreman in the house.. (MMarquez)

Is Keith still there? Can he do anything? That sucks :(
Not only is Keith still there, Joe's car is still there. ;) Of course, Keith doesn't own the place. :sad:
Old 01-17-2002, 08:54 PM
QUIKAG
Le Mans Master

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

That is the biggest crock of CRAP I have ever heard. Screw Huffines now, I liked Keith, but if the shop foreman won't let him do anything, then fuc* 'em. We need another mod friendly dealership pronto. Any ideas? Huffines in Lewisville???!?!?

Also, did the guy that called you Brian say if you have intake and headers, that they won't fix your air conditioning or an electrical problem? If so, that's against the law BIGTIME. THEY have the responsibility to prove the aftermarket car caused the problem. I hope my '01 holds up.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, I had a flying targa top incident and to make a long story short, I got a new top ordered and painted through them. I had to wait 4 MONTHS before I could finally pick up my top (luckily the cracked one worked fine, just looked a little ugly in one area). So, I pick up the top and it's overcast and take it home. Everything's fine until that weekend when I was the car in the sunlight and realize the top doesn't match well at all. So, now I need to call them to get it repainted. IN short, don't use their bodyshop from my experience.

[Modified by QUIKAG, 6:58 PM 1/17/2002]
Old 01-17-2002, 10:13 PM
The One
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Notice about Ray Huffines in Plano TX! There is a new Shop Foreman in the house.. (QUIKAG)

...IN short, don't use their bodyshop from my experience.
That's for sure. Don't ask why I agree. :rolleyes:

JC
Old 01-17-2002, 10:32 PM
K&B Motorsports
Drifting

Default Re: Notice about Ray Huffines in Plano TX! There is a new Shop Foreman in the house.. (The One)

I hate to say it, but it's a sad day. When Brent told me about the incident at Huffines in Plano, frankly I was shocked. Keith has bent over backwards in everyway to make sure we get fair service, and well... this is simply BS. A new service manager (not writer) does indeed control what they can or choose to service under warranty or otherwise. This might explain why they refused to relflash my PCM last week to stock state.

We have a fair amount of clout as an organization, they have a number of corvettes sitting on their lot. We have sent them the bulk of our service business and their is something we can do.

Officially, if you live in the North Dallas area, have or would use Huffines, or purchase a vehicle from them, but this change in their service policy would cause you to look elsewhere for purchase or service (which it would me), please send me an email directly with your concerns, comments and opinions. I will collect them, take them to the general manager, and validate this is what the new policy was intended to produce. I would encourage your positive comments on service writers and mechanics who have been a positive influence in your decision to do business with Huffines in Plano as I plan on pointing them out directly.

Feel free to email the dealership directly, but a big thick stack of concerns presented at once, does have its impact.

Huffines "has" been great to work with, and I think we should give management a chance to change its viewpoint. I'm willing to spearhead that if you'll help me add the importance.

Old 01-17-2002, 11:14 PM
geekracer
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Notice about Ray Huffines in Plano TX! There is a new Shop Foreman in the house.. (oracleguru)

I was planning on going in next week to get my tranny fluid changed and I was going to ask Keith if he has had very many Corvette owners asking for him by name. A lot of us have given him as the guy to talk to and Huffines in Plano as the place to take our cars. Face it , if they don't get a lot of business from us then we don't have much clout. :chevy
Old 01-17-2002, 11:18 PM
TurboTnZ06
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Notice about Ray Huffines in Plano TX! There is a new Shop Foreman in the house.. (oracleguru)

:cuss I believe that Huffines is lucky to have a guy like Keith Overturf in their presence. Too bad he doesn't run the big show. Keith is one of the good guys. They had my car in and out in a couple of hours when I lost a synchro. Unfortunately, when my Z06 clutch goes or the brakes need pads and rotors, I'll be taking it somewhere else. The techs make money on warrantee work. Why can't Huffines just fix what needs fixing, and maybe some forum members could make homes for those vettes sitting out by Coit Rd...

I hope that I can deal with Keith in the future, without having to "un-mod" my Z06. :flag
Old 01-17-2002, 11:22 PM
K&B Motorsports
Drifting

Default Re: Notice about Ray Huffines in Plano TX! There is a new Shop Foreman in the house.. (MMarquez)

Actually, they have got a significant amount of business from us. I know Keith fairly well, and he has commented more than once how many people stop in and ask for him by name with Corvettes.

If we want to keep Huffines as our dealer of choice, then mgmt needs to know how many of us there are, and what are feelings are. Send me your comments and thoughts (a couple won't do, it has to be in mass) and I WILL get time with the GM and see if this was truly there intention to cause us to go elsewhere. The point for them is we've had an excellent relationship with them, and they're screwing it up. On the couple of times when I've been denied warranty, while I didn't like it, and think they should have covered it, it was still very small in the bigger scheme of things that had been covered. I say let's give mgmt a chance to rethink the position. Send me your emails.

If they take the position that you've put a Vortex on, so we're going to refuse to do any warranty work on your car, well, you don't have any clout anyway because they've made a unilateral decision they don't want your business. I'm simply trying to give them an option, before I have to go somewhere else.

On a side note, for those of us who have the GM extended warranties, you don't have to have the work done by a GM facility according to Ken. In otherwords, your favorite speedshop can to the work and GM will pay for it.

Bill

[Modified by oracleguru, 9:27 PM 1/17/2002]
Old 01-17-2002, 11:26 PM
TurboTnZ06
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

True story, I was referred to Keith, by another corvette forum member.

Actually, they have got a significant amount of business from us. I know Keith fairly well, and he has commented more than once how many people stop in and ask for him by name with Corvettes.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:26 PM
MelloYellow
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Notice about Ray Huffines in Plano TX! There is a new Shop Foreman

I'd really like to see a Dealer Shi7 list. I know I'd add a few. But I doubt the Moderators would go for it. :p:

Maybe a positive/negative point system and C5 service dealer locator w/city & state? A short description in a detail link of a comment subject to review.

Finding good dealers is a very important thing. I've been thru 5 or 6. Would've been nice to have had a resource to save some of the pain.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:31 PM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Notice about Ray Huffines in Plano TX! There is a new Shop Foreman in the house..

True story, I was referred to Keith, by another corvette forum member.
Me too - :sad:

I think Bill is on to something - what would it hurt to at least try to present our case to management ??

Even better - I think we should ALL have our service histories pulled and piled high - then ship it to management for them to see the TOTAL $ they will be/would have missed out on - as I know my car has had THOUSANDS of dollars in service work done there - and they will be missing out on that $ in the future.. :smash:

Get notified of new replies

To Notice about Ray Huffines in Plano TX! There is a new Shop Foreman in the house..

Old 01-17-2002, 11:31 PM
K&B Motorsports
Drifting

Default Re: Notice about Ray Huffines in Plano TX! There is a new Shop Foreman (MelloYellow)

Unfortunately, as in this situation, dealers sometimes change mangement like we change underwear (or I hope). We are at the mercy of the new management, and if we really like the relationship we've had with the dealer, we need to go talk to them and determine if this is really what the want. If you're simply an individual with a family sedan it probably doesn't matter because you get pissed off and go to another dealer, or Firestone or something. To some extent, except as I noted above in the extended warranty comments, you have to go to the dealer for warranty work.

Again, let's tell Huffines where we're at, and let them make a business decision to which we will respond appropriately. With a little luck,we'll be friends again.

Bill
Old 01-17-2002, 11:36 PM
0vetteshop
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

A tech makes a living based on the amount of work he produces...If he is losing work,he aint making any money :nonod:If he wants work,he most likely wont say "Hey Joe foreman,look what this guy has on his car,we cant work on it"...Go talk to the tech,they have more control over what goes on in the shop than you think ;)
Old 01-17-2002, 11:49 PM
geekracer
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Notice about Ray Huffines in Plano TX! There is a new Shop Foreman in the house.. (C-5 TECH)

A tech makes a living based on the amount of work he produces...If he is losing work,he aint making any money :nonod:If he wants work,he most likely wont say "Hey Joe foreman,look what this guy has on his car,we cant work on it"...Go talk to the tech,they have more control over what goes on in the shop than you think ;)
This makes me think of a question. Has anyone ever been able to talk to anyone other than the service manager? Do you ever get to see your car while it is in the shop area?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Notice about Ray Huffines in Plano TX! There is a new Shop Foreman in the house..