C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got the new PIIAs hooked up and working with OEM equipment! YEA BABY!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2002, 11:08 PM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Finally got the new PIIAs hooked up and working with OEM equipment! YEA BABY!

If you have ever contimplated buying the PIIAs or wanted a brighter fog light then PIIAs are the way to go! :yesnod:

I am posting some pics of the foglights in action against my regular lights - as the foglights are as bright if not brighter than my "popup" headlights! :eek:

Sorry the quality isnt so good, as when my digi cam is in "night mode" it is REAL sensitive to movement..

Pic of the Foglights only -

Pic of the Headlights only -

Pic of the Headlights and Foglights -

Not bad eh? :D

BP
Old 02-09-2002, 12:57 AM
pjazz
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 124 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Default Re: Finally got the new PIIAs hooked up and working with OEM equipment! YEA BABY! (bparker)

:cool:
Old 02-19-2002, 08:15 PM
02EBMVert
Instructor

Default Re: Finally got the new PIIAs hooked up and working with OEM equipment! YEA BABY! (bparker)

How do you get the bulb out of the housing, i was afraid id break it by yanking on it? :confused:
Old 02-19-2002, 11:06 PM
Cam69ss
Pro

wow, big difference, I know what is next on my mod list :D
Old 02-20-2002, 12:24 AM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Finally got the new PIIAs hooked up and working with OEM equipment! YEA BABY! (98RedCoupe)

How do you get the bulb out of the housing, i was afraid id break it by yanking on it? :confused:
:confused: I am confused too - HAHA - :lol: as I didnt have foglights in the beginning, thus this was a "new install" and no bulb needed to be removed.

BP
Old 02-20-2002, 12:26 AM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CA Events Coordinator

Now it is time to throw on the HID's on your car!!! I have that combo and I have to tell you there is nothing like it!! :)

vetterdstr :smash:
Old 02-20-2002, 01:17 PM
R BONUS
Instructor

Those pictures of your lights in action, are the fog lights behind the screens and shooting through them?? :confused: :cheers:

Jim
Old 02-20-2002, 01:25 PM
The One
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Finally got the new PIIAs hooked up and working with OEM equipment! YEA BABY! (R BONUS)

Those pictures of your lights in action, are the fog lights behind the screens and shooting through them?? :confused: :cheers:

JC
Old 02-20-2002, 01:47 PM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Finally got the new PIIAs hooked up and working with OEM equipment! YEA BABY! (R BONUS)

:lol: - yes - they are behind the fog light grilles :D
Old 02-20-2002, 08:02 PM
Peach
Safety Car

Orlando Events Coordinator
Cruise-In II Veteran

More red x's..????????????????
Old 02-20-2002, 08:06 PM
2000^C5
Race Director

:cheers: :cool:
Old 02-20-2002, 09:39 PM
R BONUS
Instructor

WOW!!! Them babies throw some light out even through the screens, have to seriously think about getting some of them. :D :cheers:

Jim
Old 02-21-2002, 08:03 PM
los7883
Melting Slicks

Hey any of you guys with the PIAA's ever had to replace the bulbs...I have to replace the stock fog bulbs AGAIN and am getting tired of it...think I'll be getting the PIAA's sooner than I expected, but does this happen with these as well?
Old 02-22-2002, 01:46 AM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Finally got the new PIIAs hooked up and working with OEM equipment! YEA BABY! (los7883)

On my 99 A4 Coupe - I replaced a bulb at least every other month.. and no I never made skin contact with the bulb or touched anything when installing them.. :mad

I hope these PIIAs are ok - as if I replace a bulb a year I am ok with that! :yesnod:

BP
Old 02-22-2002, 08:47 AM
vetterdstr
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
CA Events Coordinator

Default Re: Finally got the new PIIAs hooked up and working with OEM equipment! YEA BABY! (los7883)

I have not had to replace a PIAA bulb yet. :nono:

vetterdstr :chevy
Old 02-22-2002, 08:54 AM
Mag Red Monster
Race Director

Elite Member
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: Finally got the new PIIAs hooked up and working with OEM equipment! YEA BABY! (vetterdstr)

I've never had to replace a bulb on over a year. Son32SL did and Piaa sent him new one's for free as his weren't a year old yet :yesnod:
Old 02-22-2002, 10:40 AM
los7883
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Finally got the new PIIAs hooked up and working with OEM equipment! YEA BABY! (Mag Red Monster)

Cool....now let me ask you this...when you got the PIAA's, did you have to clean the bulbs off before installing or did you install them right out of the box? Or are they already in the housing? Reason I'm asking is when I got a pair of Hyperwhite bulbs for my headlights (yea yea, i'm gonna change those too) the guys I bought them from told me not to touch the bulbs at all!!! I already knew this of course...but when I took them out of the box and held them up to the light...NOTHING BUT BIG AXX FINGERPRINTS ON THE BULBS...RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!!! So I took some alcohol and wiped them off, haven't busted on me yet...wasn't sure if these guys are just trying to run a scam or what...but how did the PIAA's come and did you have to clean them first to be on the safe side?
Old 02-22-2002, 01:47 PM
bparker
Melting Slicks

Cool....now let me ask you this...when you got the PIAA's, did you have to clean the bulbs off before installing or did you install them right out of the box? Or are they already in the housing? Reason I'm asking is when I got a pair of Hyperwhite bulbs for my headlights (yea yea, i'm gonna change those too) the guys I bought them from told me not to touch the bulbs at all!!! I already knew this of course...but when I took them out of the box and held them up to the light...NOTHING BUT BIG AXX FINGERPRINTS ON THE BULBS...RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!!! So I took some alcohol and wiped them off, haven't busted on me yet...wasn't sure if these guys are just trying to run a scam or what...but how did the PIAA's come and did you have to clean them first to be on the safe side?
The PIIA FogLights are shipped in a "contained" housing which replaces the whole assembly - in which you can not touch the bulb.. :D

Get notified of new replies

To Finally got the new PIIAs hooked up and working with OEM equipment! YEA BABY!

Quick Reply: Finally got the new PIIAs hooked up and working with OEM equipment! YEA BABY!