C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

0441 and 0361 HVAC Codes

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 11:42 PM
ragu1585
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 0441 and 0361 HVAC Codes

went to have freon put in my AC today on my 2000 vette.. got there and the compressor wasnt turning on. turn the ac on in the car the the yellow light would blink and do nothing cause my temps was reading 20ish degrees.. replaced the sensor in the front passsenger side of the car and still the same.. now when i drive the car around the temps go back up to normal outside temps and i turn the ac on and it blows warm air.. NOT COLD AIR ON THE PASSENGER SIDE AND WARM ON THE DRIVER SIDE, just warm around through out.. when the temps set at 60.. blows hotter air as i turn it up though.. ive done searches and most of them seem to be one side blowin colder then the other side...

was gonna try pullin the fuse 27 here in a few and i have also cleared the codes out.. anything else i can try or should i just pull the actuator and either replace it or move the gears?

also if i just changed the head unit out to a 2002+ unit do i still have to change out the actuators before it will work right?
Old 07-29-2009, 12:15 AM
bestvettever
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default AC problem

Originally Posted by ragu1585
went to have freon put in my AC today on my 2000 vette.. got there and the compressor wasnt turning on. turn the ac on in the car the the yellow light would blink and do nothing cause my temps was reading 20ish degrees.. replaced the sensor in the front passsenger side of the car and still the same.. now when i drive the car around the temps go back up to normal outside temps and i turn the ac on and it blows warm air.. NOT COLD AIR ON THE PASSENGER SIDE AND WARM ON THE DRIVER SIDE, just warm around through out.. when the temps set at 60.. blows hotter air as i turn it up though.. ive done searches and most of them seem to be one side blowin colder then the other side...

was gonna try pullin the fuse 27 here in a few and i have also cleared the codes out.. anything else i can try or should i just pull the actuator and either replace it or move the gears?

also if i just changed the head unit out to a 2002+ unit do i still have to change out the actuators before it will work right?
Hi, the codes indicate left actuator short to ground, and left actuator out of range, but that would not make all the vents blow warm, the most likely problem you have is low refrigerant 134. If the system is low enough, the compressor won't run. Usually if you start putting the refrigerant in, the comp will cycle on and off untill you get enough in to keep it going. Putting the can of ref 134 in a pail of warm water helps to get it in, but make sure the water does not touch the top where the hose connects. Also you can ground out the ac relay in the uh fuse box to run the comp while refilling, but beware, if you run the system when it is empty, damage will occur. Do a search for ac recharge and you will find numerous posts. If your system is empty, you probably have a leak. It is best to find them and fix them . Sometimes a small leak will allow some time before it needs to be refilled again, and sometimes the leak is bad enough so that you won't go a day before refilling. Whenever you refill a system you should add some ref oil, a few ounces is sufficient when just a top up, 4-6 ounces when empty, pull a vacuum and then refill. If components are replaced such as the comp, condenser, or others, then more oil should be added equal to what came out with the old part. Once you have the refrigerant level back to spec, which is 1.75 lbs of r134 in a full system, then try dealing with the actuator either with the fuse pull, or reindexing the actuator, or replaceing it.
Good luck

Last edited by bestvettever; 07-29-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:36 PM
ragu1585
Racer

any1 else.. if i just change out the dual climate face piece (not sure what its called) to a 02 03 04 can i get away with just doing that..
Old 08-02-2009, 01:52 PM
bestvettever
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default AC problem

Originally Posted by ragu1585
any1 else.. if i just change out the dual climate face piece (not sure what its called) to a 02 03 04 can i get away with just doing that..
Hi, It is called a control head. If you want to get this thing running properly, you need to do it in a methodical way. Just replacing the control head won't fix anything, if the old one wasn't bad. So, with the driver side set to 60, and the pass side set straight up at 12 o'clock, the car running and the ac button on, does it blow cold anywhere, and is the comp running. If the comp is not running, the most likely problem is low refrigerant. If all vents were blowing at the same time regardless of mode setting, then you would have a vacuum problem, regardless of refrigerant level, if all vents blow warm regardless of temp setting and comp won't run, it is a refrigerant level problem.
Post whether the comp is running, and what the settings are and what the display reads, and also if there are any codes set, and we can help more.
Good Luck
Old 08-02-2009, 02:03 PM
ragu1585
Racer

compressor is runnin.. set at 60 all the vents blow the same but not cold. i had cleared the codes and i checked again and its showing the 0361 code again. there is an h at end if that matters..

Get notified of new replies

To 0441 and 0361 HVAC Codes

Quick Reply: 0441 and 0361 HVAC Codes