C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

differences... I searched, no luck...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:08 PM
sen2two
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default differences... I searched, no luck...

I was trying to find a basic list of the differences of a non-zo6 to zo6.

I plan on spending 20k, a little more if i REALLY want a specific one. but i am brand new to vettes. Im dead set on getting one. But i want to make the smartest purchase possible. I been planning the whole time to get a 2002 zo6 since i found a few in the 20k range. some for less. But i have also found a few 98-99's for around 15k or less. but i dont really know the difference between them besides the added 60hp and the badge... what else is there?

gears, tranny, motor parts, durability, interior, suspension???

cause im thinking now i could spend 15k on a 98 c5 and spend the extra5k to make it better and quicker than the zo6. is this true? im just guessing really. Im at a learning state when it comes to these cars... Im reading all i can right now.

Im looking to get a vette as my daily driver. Something reliable with around 400 to the wheels, with no worries. zo6 or base?
Old 08-12-2009, 09:15 PM
NeutronVette
Race Director

Get a Z. Will help get streetablility out of your goal HP IMO.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:24 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 76 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sen2two
I was trying to find a basic list of the differences of a non-zo6 to zo6.

I plan on spending 20k, a little more if i REALLY want a specific one. but i am brand new to vettes. Im dead set on getting one. But i want to make the smartest purchase possible. I been planning the whole time to get a 2002 zo6 since i found a few in the 20k range. some for less. But i have also found a few 98-99's for around 15k or less. but i dont really know the difference between them besides the added 60hp and the badge... what else is there?

gears, tranny, motor parts, durability, interior, suspension???

cause im thinking now i could spend 15k on a 98 c5 and spend the extra5k to make it better and quicker than the zo6. is this true? im just guessing really. Im at a learning state when it comes to these cars... Im reading all i can right now.

Im looking to get a vette as my daily driver. Something reliable with around 400 to the wheels, with no worries. zo6 or base?
Well, you didn't search too hard...there is tons of info explaining the intrinsic differences of a Zo6 on the web....

In short, the Zo6 has:

Lighter glass, lighter tires(and no pressure sensors), different suspension, titanium cat back, LS6 motor, different trans(manual only), no fog lights, comes in FRC only, different wheels.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:30 PM
sen2two
5th Gear

whats the difference between the ls6 and ls1?

i did some more searching and found i think im much better of with the Z. run low 12's stock. and 11's with some bolt ons. thats no bad at all... and is plenty enough for a DD.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:52 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

In 2001,,,,,,,,,,,,I stated,,,,,,,,,, "Who in their righ mind would pay more money fo a ZO6?????????

In 2002, I went to a Chevy dealer for parts on my 85 Coupe and spied a 02 ZO6. One test drive and the hook was set DEEP in the gills!!

I bought it! The car is amazing! Its now modded and at 450 RWHP.

BC
Old 08-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Chris@East Coast Supercharging
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

if you have any time to call I can give you a quick lesson in 5 minutes or less...

Home of the Fastest Supercharged C5 8.4 @ 158mph
Home of the Fastest Supercharged IRS GTO 9.0@ 155
Home of the Fastest Supercharged C6 9.7 @ 143mph

Proud Sponsor of the ECS Corvette Challenge
http://www.corvettechallenge.info

609-752-0321

Get notified of new replies

To differences... I searched, no luck...

Quick Reply: differences... I searched, no luck...