C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-25-2015, 06:24 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior How-Tos
Print Wikipost

How to remove door sill plastic.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Keppah
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to remove door sill plastic.

Does anybody have pictures of how to remove plastic on door sill so I can get at grounds 201 and 202?There is a chrome piece over mine.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:26 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by Keppah
Does anybody have pictures of how to remove plastic on door sill so I can get at grounds 201 and 202?There is a chrome piece over mine.
The factory door sill piece is just held in by spring type retainers. There are oblong slots in the body and the clips are on the backside of the factory trim piece. Just get a good grip and YANK upwards SHARPLY. Same thing for the little "L" shaped trim piece in front of the door sill piece. Remove the push-pin, grab hold and sharply ****** it off. The "L" shaped piece only has one retainer clip on the backside, but the door sill piece has three or four. Serial.

Can't speak to your chrome piece you're talking about. Just depends on how it's fastened/stuck in place, etc. If it's attached directly to the factory door sill piece with double side tape for example, then leave it in place and just yank the factory piece off.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Keppah
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for reply will try that.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:14 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by Keppah
Thanks for reply will try that.
Don't be afraid to ****** it out. There are no screws/bolts, etc and actually if you pull on it slowly, it's worse than if you just yank it quickly. Once you get them off you'll see what I mean.

Btw, a tip on reinstalling:

Make SURE you align ALL the clips into ALL the holes when re-aligning things on the large door sill piece. Double check them. I find it best to start at the rear and work forward when getting them aligned to the holes. When all is aligned, make a fist and smack the trim piece down firmly with the ball of your fist. Bingo.

It sounds more dramatic than it really is.

Get notified of new replies

To How to remove door sill plastic.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to remove door sill plastic.