C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Column Lock Again!!!?

Old 10-01-2009, 08:44 PM
bcartman2
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Column Lock Again!!!?

My buddy's 00 A4 is sitting in my garage with a "SCL" and pull key message on the DIC, the car has had the GM recall with the K harness and has been to GM for the column lock several times, I have tried to reset the BCM and fuse 25 is good as the sticky told me to check, I have tried leaving the car running for a few min to make sure the battery is charged and I have cleaned the contacts for the key. What am I missing? Is it a tow to the dealer?
Old 10-01-2009, 08:59 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by bcartman2
My buddy's 00 A4 is sitting in my garage with a "SCL" and pull key message on the DIC, the car has had the GM recall with the K harness and has been to GM for the column lock several times, I have tried to reset the BCM and fuse 25 is good as the sticky told me to check, I have tried leaving the car running for a few min to make sure the battery is charged and I have cleaned the contacts for the key. What am I missing? Is it a tow to the dealer?
Why not remove the k harness, and plug in the factory connectors. The K harnesses have been known to go bad.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:12 PM
DocAcumen
Instructor

Originally Posted by bcartman2
Details?
1) Is the steeing wheel locked?
If not at least you have somethiong to work with.

2) Does the car drive in the state it is in now? This being of course with an unlocked sterring wheel! LOL!
If so then all you are dealng with is the DIC messages.

3) If the steering wheel is not locked, will not drive, you can use one of the tunning tools to change the Fuel cut off, an it will drive. Just with the silly DIC messages! LOL!

4) The DIC messages is all that is left on mine.... Still a work in progress for me to get rid of them!

With all that said post up just what state teh car is in, and more help will come along I am sure.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:02 AM
bcartman2
Racer

thanks, a flatbed just picked up the car, he is making gm fix it for the sixth time, the only has 30 thousend mile on it and he is the original owner, i remember the day he picked it up in sept of 99 i feel bad for him
Old 10-02-2009, 11:15 AM
timemender
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

First why is this guy screwing around with GM fixes. They do NOT work.

This problem has been hashed over and over again.

IF he wants to cure the problem once and for all. do this -

1. Remove (replace/modify) the lock plate to take the locking pin out of the equation.

2. Install the CLB

3. Use HP Tuners or EFI Live to raise the fuel cutoff speed to 255MPH.

-
Old 10-02-2009, 02:29 PM
UARPerformance
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a CLB?
Old 10-02-2009, 02:53 PM
bumble-z
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Geeeeze!
Old 10-10-2009, 04:57 PM
bcartman2
Racer

HE isnt paying anything!!!! GM has brought in the reps to look into the issue, they determined that the wiring harness is bad and they are going to replace it. meanwhile he is driving a brand new vette out of the showroom until his car is fixed and they are making him one heck of a deal on buying a new vette and sending him some corvette goodies in the mail. I think he is going to come out on top of this one, he has been looking at getting a new vette for a while.

Get notified of new replies

To Column Lock Again!!!?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Column Lock Again!!!?