C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Cam install Q

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 04:13 PM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Default Quick Cam install Q

I've had the heads off a couple of times, but this time it's cam only/pin the balancer. My question is, do you need to remove the alternator/bracket assy for this? Looks to be out of the way for cam only. Thanks, I'm getting back to the garage floor.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Nate B
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

You dont have to remove the bracket. The alternator has to come off the get the valve cover off to remove the rockers, but thats it.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:52 AM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Received 186 Likes on 169 Posts

I think its the lessor of evils to aid removing the rack. It actually comes off in about 10 minutes and it sure opens up room to work. I also found it much easier to completely remove the rack from the car by slipping to the passenger side then down and out the driver's side. If you bend the tie rods as you do this it will come right out.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:57 AM
zeevette
Race Director

Received 288 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by vettenuts
I think its the lessor of evils to aid removing the rack. It actually comes off in about 10 minutes and it sure opens up room to work. I also found it much easier to completely remove the rack from the car by slipping to the passenger side then down and out the driver's side. If you bend the tie rods as you do this it will come right out.
Nice tip, VN! Last time I did this the rack just kind of hung there from the pass. side wheelwell. Thanks!
Old 11-02-2009, 03:26 PM
ttbestas
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zeevette
Nice tip, VN! Last time I did this the rack just kind of hung there from the pass. side wheelwell. Thanks!
i did it the same way

Get notified of new replies

To Quick Cam install Q

Quick Reply: Quick Cam install Q