C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electrical problem!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 05:27 PM
wagner262
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default electrical problem!

so yesterday night i started my car and turned on the lights. at first i noticed the interior lights didnt come on. so i turned the lights off them back on they came on but my headlights would t not pop up. i finally messed with it enough to get the passenger side up about 50% up and the light came on, on both lights (with the driver side light still down). eventually got the passenger up all the way before i parked it for the night. I took out the blinker/headlight switch. followed step by step

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...f-replace.html

but still no luck. the lights did go up both of them this morning i think when i unplugged the switch. but now they wont go down. the lights all work and so do the highbeams.

Ive had the interior light problem before but it always goes back to normal after a few turns of on and off. also my left blinker light stays slightly lit all the time. not sure if this goes hand an hand just need some help or answers!

thanks guys in advance
Old 11-09-2011, 05:34 PM
kh400
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by wagner262
so yesterday night i started my car and turned on the lights. at first i noticed the interior lights didnt come on. so i turned the lights off them back on they came on but my headlights would t not pop up. i finally messed with it enough to get the passenger side up about 50% up and the light came on, on both lights (with the driver side light still down). eventually got the passenger up all the way before i parked it for the night. I took out the blinker/headlight switch. followed step by step

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...f-replace.html

but still no luck. the lights did go up both of them this morning i think when i unplugged the switch. but now they wont go down. the lights all work and so do the highbeams.

Ive had the interior light problem before but it always goes back to normal after a few turns of on and off. also my left blinker light stays slightly lit all the time. not sure if this goes hand an hand just need some help or answers!

thanks guys in advance
Run a self test on it and post the related codes first.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:56 PM
wagner262
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kh400
Run a self test on it and post the related codes first.
good call should have done that first
Old 11-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Jnape
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by wagner262
good call should have done that first
Always a good idea to pull codes but chances are you won't find any related to your issues.

Switches, relays and wiring need rung out to see which one is causing you issues.

Are you certain you have good battery voltage? The headlights can have gear issues also.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:08 PM
bj454ss
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am certainly no mechanic but many of the posts I read on this forum about electrical issues recommend checking the battery and grounds as a starting place.

Get notified of new replies

To electrical problem!

Quick Reply: electrical problem!