C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borla Stinger vs Corsa Extreme Opinions Plz

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 04:49 PM
vettefreak19
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borla Stinger vs Corsa Extreme Opinions Plz

Gentlemen and Ladies,

Forgive me for bringing up a topic so many times discussed, Yes i am a noob . I have an 04 that is bone stock. I'm used to loud throaty exhaust and this car just isnt cutting it. I have been crawling through youtube videos and reviewing thread after thread and now I am here hoping to get to meet some fellow owners and get personal opinions. I have narrowed down my search to the Borla Stingers and the Corsa Extreme but can't decide where to go.

Here are my decision points:
1.) it has to sound good (like a sports car should)
2.) it needs to be heard
3.) i don't mind a little bit of drone but i want to be able to carry on a conversation inside (wife rides alot and she has to be able to talk)
4.) price

Im hoping some fellow c5 owners might provide some insight and personal experience. Also, are there any owners with the mentioned systems in the Jacksonville, florida area that might be available for me to hear their systems. Thanks alot.

Also, if anyone can recommened a pruchasing place with good prices and service... im open to suggestions.
Ryan
Old 03-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Paul 75 L82
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Drive down to Palm Beach and you can listen to my Borla Stingers. From what you wrote I think you would like the Borla Stingers, but everybody has an opinion and I don't want to step on anyones toes. I did get to listen to a set of stingers before I bought and once I heard them I ordered them the next day. They look good and installed very easy.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:01 PM
cdkcorvette7
Tech Contributor

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

I have Borla Stingers and I LOVE them, but exhaust is about personal preference. I have heard both of these systems (one of my friends has the Corsa Extremes on an 02 and I have an 01 with stingers) so I'll try to help.

Here are my decision points:
Here are my thoughts...
1.) it has to sound good (like a sports car should)
IMHO, They both sound good. The Corsa has more of an exotic note and the Borla has more of a muscle car note
2.) it needs to be heard
Loud is really relative to the ear of the individual, but IMO, both are loud enough to hear, but neither are really loud. If you want LOUD, you want B&B Bullets
3.) i don't mind a little bit of drone but i want to be able to carry on a conversation inside (wife rides alot and she has to be able to talk)
More drone with Borla (pretty much none with Corsa) but I don't have any problems carrying on a conversation in a normal tone of voice while cruising.
4.) price
Unless you're buying new (in which case I think the Borla's are still cheaper by a fair margin) getting the Borlas will save you some considerable coin

Make sure you listen to both and decide which you like better. Also, have you considered GHL Bullets? They sound very similar to the Stingers but have even less drone... Good luck.

BTW, if you use the search function on the forum you could read for months in all of the threads you'll find about "which exhaust". This is sorta

Last edited by cdkcorvette7; 03-09-2010 at 06:10 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Borla Stinger vs Corsa Extreme Opinions Plz

Quick Reply: Borla Stinger vs Corsa Extreme Opinions Plz