C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

odd request. Headlight plug harness plastic clip part #

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 11:34 PM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Default odd request. Headlight plug harness plastic clip part #

the part that retains the big plug under the hood up front to the chassis of the car. I looked in the c5 parts list pdf and couldn't find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Dave
Old 03-19-2010, 08:44 AM
AnteVenom
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Daytona Jam 1 Veteran

Originally Posted by T_Vert
the part that retains the big plug under the hood up front to the chassis of the car. I looked in the c5 parts list pdf and couldn't find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Dave
I have my front end off/all apart awaiting a new painted fascia so I could possibly help with a part # if you can provide a better description of the location of the part and what it is.

Is the part you are looking for attached to the radiator support? Is it part of the wiring to the front DRLs?

Let me know and I will take a look for you.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:49 AM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

The large plug that attaches to the headlight motor assembly on each side of the car is secured w/ this plug and held to the frame w/ a clip that pushes into a hold in the car.
It would be the grey plug in this picture:

Dave

Last edited by T_Vert; 03-19-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:52 AM
AnteVenom
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Daytona Jam 1 Veteran

Dave,

as you probably have seen, there is no part # on that clip/plug on either side. As I follow it on my passenger side it merely goes into the headlight motor and the control module but with no part #.

I am thinking you should send the picture to forum vendor of used parts Corvette Recycling and also to Gene Culley at gmpartshouse who is also a vendor.

I am guessing you may be able to get that specific part used but would have to buy a much larger set of parts sold as a whole (with one part#) if you buy new.

Sorry that looking at the parts catalog I could not determine which part# belongs to what you need.

Best of luck with your search and I am sure C/R or Gene can get more info for you.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:59 AM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

I figured there wasn't a p/n as it is so small. Id assume lots of GM cars use these clips I just need to find one. The clip is only 1/2" long by 1/4" wide if that I think w/ a little nipple on it to press into a hole in the car. Thanks for you help though>

Daev
Old 03-19-2010, 02:40 PM
LoneStarFRC
Team Owner

Received 226 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

I know exactly the part you are talking about, and like the others, I can't find it listed as a seperate item either. It's a retainer that slides into a slot on the underside of the gray plug you show and there is a "one way" pin so-to-speak that then plugs into a hole in the fender liner. I'm thinking bone yard.

HTH

Get notified of new replies

To odd request. Headlight plug harness plastic clip part #

Quick Reply: odd request. Headlight plug harness plastic clip part #