C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would a wiring problem in passenger door cause "reduced engine power", RDCM issue?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 09:53 PM
mikex7
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Would a wiring problem in passenger door cause "reduced engine power", RDCM issue?

Every now and then my passenger door's power is inoperable (window, lights, lock) and if I open it and shake the rubber boot in the door jam it will work for a while until it does it again. Today I started driving my car and noticed ALL of my DTC warnings going off.. Service traction control, reduced engine power, check gauges, etc. So I pulled over and pulled all my codes.. there were none current, except there was RDCM: NO COMM.

I noticed my doors power wasnt working again, so I shook the rubber boot and got it to work... and the NO COMM went away as well as all of the DTC codes. Would that cause the issue? I saw the thread here http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...ndow-inop.html which basically says take off the boot and make sure the wires are in there good which I plan on doing. It's just weird to me that my car would freak out like that from such a small issue...
Old 04-03-2010, 10:07 PM
byronhunter
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Tha answer is YES! And the so-called SMALL issue is really a LARGE issue!
Old 04-03-2010, 10:38 PM
mikex7
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by byronhunter
Tha answer is YES! And the so-called SMALL issue is really a LARGE issue!
What do you mean large issue? It should be as simple as just making sure those wires are in there good and tight.. right?
Old 04-03-2010, 11:10 PM
byronhunter
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Right, correcting the problem is not a large issue, the symptoms are a large issue. That make sense?
Old 04-03-2010, 11:17 PM
mikex7
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by byronhunter
Right, correcting the problem is not a large issue, the symptoms are a large issue. That make sense?
haha yes, it does. Scared me for a minute! Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Would a wiring problem in passenger door cause "reduced engine power", RDCM issue?

Quick Reply: Would a wiring problem in passenger door cause "reduced engine power", RDCM issue?