C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service ABS, Service Traction Control, Service Active Handling

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 09:12 AM
FRANK CALATO
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey bill can you please send me the tutorial thanks in advancefcalato@americanmidstream.com
Old 03-17-2019, 10:34 AM
c5Matt
4th Gear

Bill, At your convenience, could you please send me your tutorial ? Thank you sir!! (may have sent this request twice, as I'm a new member, and still getting the hang of it.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:23 PM
mister2
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Please count me in your next list of recipients: sccaMR2@hotmail.com

thanks very much!
Old 03-27-2019, 11:46 AM
c5Matt
4th Gear

Default oops, forgot email address, Bill

Originally Posted by c5Matt
Bill, At your convenience, could you please send me your tutorial ? Thank you sir!! (may have sent this request twice, as I'm a new member, and still getting the hang of it.
wineczar@gmail.com
Old 04-05-2019, 01:54 AM
HOLLIDAYSC5
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Bill could you please send me your tutorial when you have the time

thanks
Ron
hollidays4@yahoo.com
Old 04-29-2019, 12:49 PM
rocknrock
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please send to me too Bill
Thank you sooo much
rocknrock@shaw.ca
Old 05-23-2019, 09:30 PM
Nicholas Cortez
Heel & Toe

Default c1214 abs and traction control

this one night I powered up the lights and disconnected the battery to save the battery while I was trying to install after market headlights. I ended up not being able to do it so I put it back together because the new lights were HID projectors. I connected the battery back in and then I got the abs and traction control light. I took it to Abel Chevy dealership to install the lights and check out the abs and traction control issue. now before I dump money on replacing it, I want to know how did it break or if there is something I can do. my grandfathers friend is a certified mechanic and said it just needs to be rest and the dealer wants to take my money. he told me to drive it 300 miles and it should by itself and if not he will have to go to the abs module and manually do it. all of this is because I disconnected the battery when the lights were on.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:57 PM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Received 240 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicholas Cortez

this one night I powered up the lights and disconnected the battery to save the battery while I was trying to install after market headlights. I ended up not being able to do it so I put it back together because the new lights were HID projectors. I connected the battery back in and then I got the abs and traction control light. I took it to Abel Chevy dealership to install the lights and check out the abs and traction control issue. now before I dump money on replacing it, I want to know how did it break or if there is something I can do. my grandfathers friend is a certified mechanic and said it just needs to be rest and the dealer wants to take my money. he told me to drive it 300 miles and it should by itself and if not he will have to go to the abs module and manually do it. all of this is because I disconnected the battery when the lights were on.
I suggested to clean the grounds and check the terminals on the computers.

Anyone else wanna chime in on this?
Old 05-26-2019, 01:03 PM
Bernard Crawford
1st Gear

Default Service abs and traction control

[please send me this info crawfo77@gmail.com

QUOTE=Alleninfolsom;1573820457]I have these dreaded codes and downloaded an excellent tutorial from this site several months ago. Problem is: I did not receive pictures of these dreaded components. Anyone got a sketch or photo of the EBMC and the BPMV? Thanks as usual. Gotta stay outtta those dealership service bays!![/QUOTE]
Old 05-26-2019, 08:50 PM
Nicholas Cortez
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Bernard Crawford
[please send me this info [email]crawfo77@gmail.com

QUOTE=Alleninfolsom;1573820457]I have these dreaded codes and downloaded an excellent tutorial from this site several months ago. Problem is: I did not receive pictures of these dreaded components. Anyone got a sketch or photo of the EBMC and the BPMV? Thanks as usual. Gotta stay outtta those dealership service bays!!
[/QUOTE]
Thank you my email is nicholascortez27@gmail.com
Old 07-10-2019, 09:21 PM
8junior3
7th Gear

Any chance to get this information? Thank you John
my68chevellemalibu@yahoo.com
Old 08-13-2019, 08:06 AM
Gjcindc
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bill,

Please fwd a copy of your troubleshooting guide at your convenience. Much appreciated.

Greg

gregory.cyr@gmail.com
Old 08-13-2019, 02:09 PM
Yellow '01
Instructor

Bill,
It sure looks like this brake system is a real problem in the C5 group. I was the one with the post looking for a LapTrax controller back a couple of days ago. One strange problem I have is when the warning lights are on for the anti lock trac control my AC will not operate. Then the'll go out and everything is fine EXCEPT the steering wheel can't be turned as the brakes will lock up. I'll hit the console's trac cont button and I can drive it safely. But I have to watch for the light on the dash to go out. Very frustrating. Could you share any info on this subject? If so send it to: dnklogs@embarqmail.com I have already cleaned the grounds and had the anti lock controller module inspected and certified as good.
Doug
Old 08-23-2019, 04:59 AM
bellvine
6th Gear

Originally Posted by trussme
all preceding tutorial requests have been emailed...
With apology I'm new to this forum, and have owned my 2002 Z06 for several years (LOVE it) but have the "Service Active Handling" message harassing me. Could I ask you to send the guide to me please. (I fear you (Trusseme) have a permanent job sending out this info, and I'm very grateful like us all.)
bellvine@xtra.co.nz

Thanks in advance
Old 09-08-2019, 01:40 PM
LW97Vette
Intermediate

Hi Bill,
would you send your info to me also? My ABS and service system soon warning lights come on. When they do if I just started the engine it disables the fuel injectors and the car stalls.

My email address is John.santicerma@yahoo.com

Thanks,
John
Old 09-24-2019, 03:58 PM
MechaGodZilla
2nd Gear

Hey Bill - thank you in advance for sending these out. I also have the "service active handling, service traction system, service abs" warnings up on my 2003. If you could please fire me off those instructions as well, it is mec2137@yahoo.com.

Thank you very much.
Mike
Old 09-25-2019, 05:04 PM
awches
Pro

Received 158 Likes on 106 Posts

Lots of Info on these Youtube files. I looked at a few of them when I redid mine a few years back. I went from under the car though. https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+a+C5+corvette

Get notified of new replies

To Service ABS, Service Traction Control, Service Active Handling

Old 09-27-2019, 09:01 AM
jbradley46
5th Gear

I also had ABS/Traction control warnings come and go for several years. Replace battery several times. Problem seemed to happen less with new battery or if the car was driven often. About 6 months ago Because of the c1214 HC code I sent the EBCM out for repair. Code cleared after starting car and letting it run. A few months ago code c1214HC was back and could not clear even with tech 2. I cleaned all the grounds, fully charge the battery, checked fuses even checked the EBCM connector, I had 0 ohms at ground terminals at the plug and 12 volts on the plug.I did not check for voltage on the switch side but did check fuse 5 and had 12 volts there at the fuse. So after studying shop manual and following the flow chart in above post I was thinking I had a wiring problem. After more reading on this forum I decide to replace ignition switch yesterday. Started car and code c1214 was gone. Here is my take on this, the switch contacts are bad and even though I can measure 12 volts on fuse 5 when the EBCM powers up the contacts have enough resistance to cause a voltage drop under load to set the c1214 code.

Thanks to everyone that post information on this forum hopefully my car is fixed . I also recommend that anyone that is having electrical problems first clean grounds and because the ignition switch is not hard to swap out consider doing that. These cars are going to be a challenge to maintain as far as electrical problems go. Hope telling my story might help someone out.
The following users liked this post:
awches (09-27-2019)
Old 03-15-2020, 11:20 AM
Bubba91
Pro

Hello Bill,
I would appreciate the info, as well. Thank you in advance.
bubbagriggs6@yahoo.com .
Old 07-12-2020, 10:15 PM
WhiteKnuckleRide
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Bill, I'd really appreciate the info! Thanks in advance.
imgdes.contact@gmail.com

Quick Reply: Service ABS, Service Traction Control, Service Active Handling