C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken side mirror - need jack screw

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 05:33 PM
pnad
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Broken side mirror - need jack screw

Hey guys,

My driver side mirror glass is broken. When I took the glass off to begin replacement I noticed one of my jackscrews was missing a 'finger' so it wont grip the motor screw and pull in or out.

Jackscrew shown here - the post things with the metal rings

Pretty sure the jack screw is part of the motor assembly and not the glass and cant be ordered separately.

Does anyone have a junk mirror laying around that I can scavenge this part from? Maybe its a common GM part I can grab off a Bonneville or something?
Old 07-07-2010, 03:51 PM
alanmtz
Instructor

Originally Posted by pnad
Hey guys,

My driver side mirror glass is broken. When I took the glass off to begin replacement I noticed one of my jackscrews was missing a 'finger' so it wont grip the motor screw and pull in or out.

Jackscrew shown here - the post things with the metal rings

Pretty sure the jack screw is part of the motor assembly and not the glass and cant be ordered separately.

Does anyone have a junk mirror laying around that I can scavenge this part from? Maybe its a common GM part I can grab off a Bonneville or something?
ttt, i'll need all of the jack screws(if someone has em out their) that go on the passenger mirror since mine has none of them
Old 07-09-2010, 12:11 PM
pnad
Heel & Toe

Good news! I have been searching the Bonneville and GrandPrix sites and it looks like they share the same mirror components. Some of the Bonnies even have memory mirrors and the motors assembly looks identical.

I will hit the junkyard tomorrow and verify 100%
Old 01-01-2011, 11:43 AM
Pie R Squared
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Motor Drive Pin Source

Someone ripped out my passenger mirror and I bought a new mirror but now realized I am missing the motor drive pins (actuator shafts), has anyone found a source yet? It's for a 94 Regal but the designs are the same.

Last edited by Pie R Squared; 01-01-2011 at 01:08 PM. Reason: spell
Old 02-18-2011, 03:08 PM
HAWAIIZR-1
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Are those jackscrews available or any known source? Those things with the springs as shown.

Thank!!
Old 02-18-2011, 03:58 PM
pnad
Heel & Toe

I confirmed they are the same on a lot of GM cars.
Caddy's and higher end Bonnevilles are memory mirrors. Late 90's Riviera's look to be identical mirrors to the corvette.

I hit the yard and picked up a handful. I have a few extra if you don't have a local pick-n-pull yard.

Last edited by pnad; 02-18-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:45 PM
HAWAIIZR-1
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by pnad
I confirmed they are the same on a lot of GM cars.
Caddy's and higher end Bonnevilles are memory mirrors. Late 90's Riviera's look to be identical mirrors to the corvette.

I hit the yard and picked up a handful. I have a few extra if you don't have a local pick-n-pull yard.
Wow, that is good news. I can try to check around here on this small island, but it might be difficult to find.

I appreciate the offer and if you will PM me I'll be glad to buy some from you. If each side needs two of them then I will need 3. The one side does not have any and when I took the mirrors to the body shop to be painted the guy tried to pry off go paint the inside and broke of of them on my other side.

Thank you very much for the info and update, as well as if you are willing to sell me 3 of them.

Craig
Old 08-05-2013, 05:58 PM
solo25
Intermediate

If you have any of those bolts left, I could use one or two. any left for sale?
Old 08-08-2013, 04:53 PM
pnad
Heel & Toe

It's been 2.5 years!

I do not have any spares. I was suprised how many people have PM'd me with requests for these things.

Hit your local junk yard.

Get notified of new replies

To Broken side mirror - need jack screw

Quick Reply: Broken side mirror - need jack screw