C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lift points for 2 post lifts

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 01:55 AM
scottie dont
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift points for 2 post lifts

sup yalls my brother has a 99 frc that i putting the sts twin kit on. the only thing is when i looked under i didnt really see a good spot to lift with. im used to seeing boxed unibody structure for my trans am and camaro but i didnt see anything like that here. any advice? or better yet pics? any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks

- Scottie
Old 07-08-2010, 07:50 AM
thomastl
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are 2 cutouts on each side of the car just inside the tires (about where the seams of the door line up). They are round openings in the body pannel and there is an oval slot up inside the frame/body member. Get something round to set on the lift pads and position in these cutouts. Most members just use hokey pucks but you can buy special lifting pucks. Even a small block of wood will work fine.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by thomastl
There are 2 cutouts on each side of the car just inside the tires (about where the seams of the door line up). They are round openings in the body pannel and there is an oval slot up inside the frame/body member. Get something round to set on the lift pads and position in these cutouts. Most members just use hokey pucks but you can buy special lifting pucks. Even a small block of wood will work fine.
And don't expect to have the lift arm pads fit the car. You will probably have to remove the lifts arm pads and let the arms themselves contact the blocks mentioned above.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:09 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Most two post lifts have a minimum lift pad height of 4.5" (or more). That's usually to high to fit under a C5/Z06 car. Expect to have to use boards to drive up on, then adjust the arms out to the jacking points.

And regarding the arms...depending on whether the two post lift is symmetric (equal length) or asymmetric (unequal length), the arms may not exactly match up to the jacking points.

You may have to improvise...
Old 07-09-2010, 01:01 AM
warpster
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Add some rail savers and you can position the arms as close to the lifting points as possible using the rail savers to lift on.

Get notified of new replies

To lift points for 2 post lifts

Quick Reply: lift points for 2 post lifts