C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange Problem Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 06:22 PM
armycopter
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange Problem Please Help!

Ok, I'm pretty new to this forum but I've already learned to check codes before posting a question. So... I did and there are none. ***Edit*** there are no CURRENT Codes. There are lots of History codes related to the LDCM and RDCM.

I'm having problems with my drivers side window/door lock/mirror switch (not sure of the actual name).

1. Windows and door locks work fine

2. Left mirror Selected - If I select the left mirror, it works fine moving left, up, and down. If I try to move it to the right it will not move AND the right mirror gets automatically selected and the right mirror starts moving to the right. VERY strange.

3. Right Mirror Selected - The mirror moves normally in all directions. BUT if I select and hold the right mirror using the L/R selector, the right mirror moves to the right.

4. Memory two works fine

5. Memory one - when I select it, my seats and stearing column START to move in the right direction but stop after one second. If I keep selecting memory one, the seats and steering column keep moving a little further in the right direction until it's all done.

I pulled the door panel apart and disconnected and reconnected all plugs. Nothing looks out of the ordinary. I did this several times and I ensured all wires were seated properly in their connectors (at least as well as I could).

There are no other electrical problems with the vehicle that I'm aware of.

Do you think it's the selector module? I hate to waste the money on one it it's not necessary. Oh yeah, all the switches light up just fine.

Thank you in advance for any help!!

Last edited by armycopter; 09-06-2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: update
Old 09-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Pop the accordion tube out of the door and door frame and pull the door harness connectors out of the door frame B pillar hole. Separate the plugs and carefully examine the male and female pins. Take note of the female pins and make sure that there not spread excessively and not making proper contact.

BC
Old 09-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Goody
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Find a fellow member near you whom has the memory setup as well and swap switches. If the problem follows the switch and your issue goes away then you know a new module is needed......after you do as Bill suggests since the basic wiring connections are critical and known to happen quite frequently.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:10 PM
armycopter
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to give an update on this. I fixed the problem with a new door switch. I bought both the switch and the LDCM hoping that it was one of two. Turns out it was the switch, which made it a super easy fix since I didn't have to take the door apart. Now I have an extra LDCM but oh well. Maybe I'll need it in the future for something.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:19 PM
bumble-z
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Way to go! Look at all the labor charges you saved!
Old 10-09-2010, 06:03 PM
shaggyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 104 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12, '19, '21

Don't ya love it when an easy fix works out for ya. Nice going.

Get notified of new replies

To Strange Problem Please Help!

Quick Reply: Strange Problem Please Help!