C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memory Problems (not associated with age!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 09:50 AM
armycopter
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memory Problems (not associated with age!)

Hi my 2001 coupe seems to have a memory problem. Memory 2 works fine. I can set it the way I want and it will return the seats, steering wheel, etc. to the position I set.

Memory 1, however, does not work. I can't set it and when I press memory 1, the seats move a little then stop. Each time I press memory 1 the seats move a little more.

Anyone have any ideas? There are no codes showing up.

I have looked at Bill Curlee's thread and wiggled the door wires and also made sure the wires in the door accordion were all protected (on drivers and passengers side). I also took the door apart and looked at and reset all connectors associated with the LDCM. Lastly, I relearned both key FOB's to see if it would help. So far nothing.

Thanks for any input.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:11 AM
armycopter
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump... anybody? I'm thinking my next replacement part will be the switch itself or the LDCM. Obviously the switch is cheapest but both are fairly pricey. I would like to get it right the first time.

Quick Reply: Memory Problems (not associated with age!)