C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune re-flash

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 08:02 PM
tudland
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tune re-flash

I put new tires and wheels on over the weekend plus new TPMs. Took it to the dealer today to reflash the TPMs and the car seems to run differently. Is it possible the dealer could have re-flashed the custom tune to the stock tune?
Old 09-28-2010, 08:11 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by tudland
I put new tires and wheels on over the weekend plus new TPMs. Took it to the dealer today to reflash the TPMs and the car seems to run differently. Is it possible the dealer could have re-flashed the custom tune to the stock tune?
There is no need to "flash" or program the PCM when replacing tire pressure sensors, and certainly no need to pay the dealer.........you could have done this yourself in 10 minutes or less.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:10 PM
tudland
Heel & Toe

Yea, I had them align it also. That is a bit out of my league.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:47 AM
8VETTE7
Drifting

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,613 Posts

Originally Posted by tudland
Anyones guess what they may have done. Have you read the bill you received? Hopefully they would list what all they did to the car.

If they did reflash the PCM you do have a copy of the tune saved on a PC or CD or??? If you have a copy of your tune it should be possible to put it back on your PCM.

My car is not likely to see a dealer as long as I own it but I do have multiple copies of my tune saved just in case.......

Last edited by 8VETTE7; 09-29-2010 at 12:52 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:06 AM
vettenuts
Team Owner

Received 186 Likes on 169 Posts

Could be wrong but when a car comes in and something shows up for the VIN on the computer that requires flashing the PCM they will do it. Local dealer did that to a twin turbo, which when I saw it looked like a beached whale. Didn't run and the dealer didn't comprehend what happened. Owner was needless to say not happy.

I have been wanting my local dealer to do an alignment but my biggest fear is they flash the PCM for in response to several letters I never responded to from GM.

Give them a call and ask if they did that while the car was there.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:16 PM
armycopter
Instructor

When I asked my dealer about fixing the tune on my car, the service manager told me that if he hooks up his tuner to my car, it will automatically reset the custom tune back to factory.

If I ever have to have dealer work done on the car, I will put post-it notes all over the car reminding anyone who might work on it, NOT to hook it up to their computer.

Get notified of new replies

To Tune re-flash

Quick Reply: Tune re-flash