C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 seat bevel replacement

Old 10-06-2010, 12:50 AM
rclason
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C5 seat bevel replacement

Can someone direct me to the post for information regarding the seat bezel replacement for a power driver's seat for a 98 C5.

Thanks for your help.

Roy
The following users liked this post:
dougie (06-19-2023)
Old 10-06-2010, 01:14 AM
00Corvette
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rclason
Can someone direct me to the post for information regarding the seat bezel replacement for a power driver's seat for a 98 C5.

Thanks for your help.

Roy
Do you mean the bezel that the power switch sits inside of?

If so, it's very easy...you may even be able to get it swapped with the seat in the car.

Just lift the seat all the way via the power button and go all the way forward.

The recline lever clip can be removed with a crochet needle or even a paper clip in a U shape and a pair of needle nose pliers.

Then just take the front screw out and the one behind the recline lever and reverse the steps to reinstall
The following users liked this post:
dougie (06-19-2023)
Old 10-06-2010, 02:56 AM
rclason
Intermediate

Default Seat Bevel replacement

TY, that is what I was looking for. I neede dto know if the reclining handle had some "tricky" clip holding it on.

Roy
Old 10-06-2010, 08:17 AM
99 vett babycar
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=rclason;1575536623]TY, that is what I was looking for. I neede dto know if the reclining handle had some "tricky" clip holding it on.

Roy[/QUOTE

if you go to VettEssentials and look at the seat cover instructions you'll see exactly how to do it.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:56 PM
rclason
Intermediate

Default Seat bezel replacement

Thanks again for the info and reference. That site does a great job explaining how to remove and repalce the seat bezel. Looks like a 10 min job.

Roy
Old 11-27-2011, 10:56 AM
lemans ed
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat bezel repair

the front inner support had broken on driver seat of my 2004. i ordered new bezel. after removing old one, i tried an experiment. clean break where plastic tapered down for screw. i used superglue gel, put on fair amount to each end. let set for about 30 seconds. then firmly pressed together for another 30 seconds. took piece of all thread, #10 machine screw, two small fender washers, and nuts. put all thread thru hole and secured with washers and nuts. tightened as tight as possible with hands. set for 24 hours and tested with hand pressure. i put the bezel back on, and after 20 days it has held up to my 275 lb lard azz. time will tell, i figure murpheys law....if i have new part on shelf...repair will endure.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:29 PM
Sam Handwich
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by lemans ed
the front inner support had broken on driver seat of my 2004. i ordered new bezel. after removing old one, i tried an experiment. clean break where plastic tapered down for screw. i used superglue gel, put on fair amount to each end. let set for about 30 seconds. then firmly pressed together for another 30 seconds. took piece of all thread, #10 machine screw, two small fender washers, and nuts. put all thread thru hole and secured with washers and nuts. tightened as tight as possible with hands. set for 24 hours and tested with hand pressure. i put the bezel back on, and after 20 days it has held up to my 275 lb lard azz. time will tell, i figure murpheys law....if i have new part on shelf...repair will endure.
I went to do a repair on the seat bezel in my C5. I bought a new bezel, but decided to not use it at this time. Looked to me like the new bezel would not line up with the mounting hole because the seat cushion had been squashed so much. This agrees with observations others have made about how the wires under the seat cut through the seat foam.
Bottom line (pun not intended) is that when I rebuild the seat foam and add some jute at the bottom the profile fo the seat will be restored. And I can install new bezel at that time (if it is even needed).

Get notified of new replies

To C5 seat bevel replacement

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C5 seat bevel replacement