C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone successfully had an EBCM for a 2000 successfully rebuilt?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 07:47 PM
Mac78and2K
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Has anyone successfully had an EBCM for a 2000 successfully rebuilt?

I have a 2000 with very low miles that my wife drives. Probably has never engaged the ABS or TC BPMV pump. Got the famous ABS, TSM service lights. If I need to have my EBCM rebuilt does anyone know of anyone that has had one successfully rebuilt for a 2000??

Also heard that a TCM (I think that is what it is called) can cause the pump to activate. This may clear tie problem but it will isolate the problem with being in the EBCM or the BPMV.

Thanks for any help
Bruce
Old 11-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Mister8Skull
Advanced

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CORVE...Q5fAccessories
Old 11-17-2010, 01:36 PM
BigGun
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Mac78and2K
I have a 2000 with very low miles that my wife drives. Probably has never engaged the ABS or TC BPMV pump. Got the famous ABS, TSM service lights. If I need to have my EBCM rebuilt does anyone know of anyone that has had one successfully rebuilt for a 2000??

Also heard that a TCM (I think that is what it is called) can cause the pump to activate. This may clear tie problem but it will isolate the problem with being in the EBCM or the BPMV.

Thanks for any help
Bruce
Have you looked at the codes? A lot of things can cause the service lights to come on. May not be the EBCM or the BPMV.

http://www.c5forum.com/ayc/dtcdic.php
Old 11-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Mac78and2K
Burning Brakes

has code C1243...I am going to take it on a skid run to activate the system and sees what happens...

Thanks for your help

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone successfully had an EBCM for a 2000 successfully rebuilt?

Quick Reply: Has anyone successfully had an EBCM for a 2000 successfully rebuilt?