C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 C5 HVAC Temperature / Climate Control Unit

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Brunos2001
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 C5 HVAC Temperature / Climate Control Unit

My C5 has a defective manual temperature HVAC control unit part # 10447750 that needs to be replaced. In lieu of replacement with the same unit - can it be replaced with the Digital HVAC climate control unit #10345293? I would assume some temperature sensors would also need to be added on the driver and passenger side to facilitate this. Has anyone done this before? Anyone have a wiring diagram drawing for both types so I can see what is required? Also - would some kind of programming be required in order to make it functional?

Last edited by Brunos2001; 12-05-2010 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Additional question
Old 07-08-2018, 04:51 PM
Ron W
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brunos2001
My C5 has a defective manual temperature HVAC control unit part # 10447750 that needs to be replaced. In lieu of replacement with the same unit - can it be replaced with the Digital HVAC climate control unit #10345293? I would assume some temperature sensors would also need to be added on the driver and passenger side to facilitate this. Has anyone done this before? Anyone have a wiring diagram drawing for both types so I can see what is required? Also - would some kind of programming be required in order to make it functional?
I am not a mechanic but I know from having trouble with my c5 dual zone climate control system that it works in conjunction with temperature and sun sensors and logic thru the body control module,

Quick Reply: 2001 C5 HVAC Temperature / Climate Control Unit