C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New guy with first vet and first problems. HVAC TCS ABS Helper light

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 12:36 PM
ghost.223
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy with first vet and first problems. HVAC TCS ABS Helper light

I got my first vet last month. 2002 coupe 41k miles. always AZ car/ well maintained.
The dealership gave a one month warranty and after one week that was needed to get a new battery. For the next 3 weeks all was well, i watched all gages to know what is normal and what is not.
Go to 2 days past warranty- While driving to work tcs/abs lights come on but by the time i get to work they go off. On the way home they both turn on again but then go off again followed seconds later by TCS coming back on.
It has been like this for a couple weeks now....

Start up in morning- both TCS/ABS lights on for a couple minutes followed by either both lights going off or TCS light coming back on seconds later. Battery volts read over 14 during this time even after warm up

Car driven within a few hours- both lights come on and stay on. Battery volts stay around 13.4. Any electric surge I.E. turn signal, brake lights cause the volts to drop below 13 for a brief couple of seconds. Headlights on can cause the normal reading to stay below 13.2

I took the car to autozone to have alternator checked and they said it was fine.

OH.. when both TCS and ABS are not working neither is my HVAC (dual climate control version) or the power to my rearview mirror/ helper light.
When only TCS is out both HVAC and rearview power work

Here are my codes... When checking sometimes both TCS/ABS lights are on and cause both HVAC and TCS to read no communication.
When the lights are off i get these
pcm- 0135 0155 0161 1133 1153 1571 1689
tcs- 1236 1248 1277 The first 2 tcs are not all the time but often
bcm- 0432
Ipc- U1040
Sdm- U1040

The pcm 1689 is not even on the list and when HVAC is working there is no codes for it.

I have read Bills electric thread and have been able to clean most of my grounds and battery cables but everyone was perfectly clean with no dirt or corrosion.

Any other ideas? Am i missing something with the ground wires? Does this sound like anything anyone has encoutered before?
Old 12-31-2010, 01:39 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Abs module

Well, if it is your ABS module, I have some info for you. My warning kept coming on and then I would reset, but it became more and more frequent. Dropped it off at our Vette mechanic Dec 8 and then went on week long trip to So Cal from Portland, OR area (>2300 miles on our C6) When we got back, Steve said he couldn't find a replacement. Husband and I went on all the forums,called all the dealers and repair shops-over 2week search. Nothing!! GM is backordered . It would be $1,200 if we could find a new one. FINALLY! we found Dino's 888/467-8388 (corvettesalvage.com) He overnighted to Modern Classics(Lake Oswego, OR) and I picked up my "baby" on Wed.
It has a 90day guarantee(rebuilt)and cost $300 and send back core. Very cooperative and a life saver. This is my daily driver (02Z06 with 79,000 miles)
Enjoy your new life!Corvettes aren't cars, they are a way of life!!!

Quick Reply: New guy with first vet and first problems. HVAC TCS ABS Helper light