C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone added the 2002 thicker weather strip to ragtop where it meets the deck lid?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2002, 07:43 PM
kewlbrz
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Anyone added the 2002 thicker weather strip to ragtop where it meets the deck lid?

Curious if anyone has install pics and part numbers.

I thought I saw a post from Ken Fitchner about the part and install, but cant find it.

thanks
Old 04-10-2002, 08:30 AM
stevenll
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Anyone added the 2002 thicker weather strip to ragtop where it meets the deck lid? (kewlbrz)

Here's the info on the new weatherstrip. I had the dealer replace mine under warranty. It was done in less than 2 hours from drive in to drive out.

TSB For Vert top scratching deck lid

TSB #02-08-111-001

New weatherstrip to prevent vert top from scratching deck lid.

Installation is not difficult - just 4 screws(2 per side)tucked in the frame of the top.

If your top is scuffing or is very close to your deck, I highly recommend you replace the weatherstrip.

The part number is 10319827 for those out of warranty.
Old 04-10-2002, 12:01 PM
kewlbrz
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: Anyone added the 2002 thicker weather strip to ragtop where it meets the deck lid? (stevenll)

sweet. thanks. :cheers:
Old 04-10-2002, 03:02 PM
Scruffy
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Anyone added the 2002 thicker weather strip to ragtop where it meets the deck lid? (stevenll)

Good Info. Thanks. I may have this done on my car. the rubbing isn't too bad, but it does show when the top is down. :cheers:
Old 04-10-2002, 03:31 PM
mikecoffin1
Racer

Default Re: Anyone added the 2002 thicker weather strip to ragtop where it meets the deck lid? (kewlbrz)

Haven't had mine done yet, but it is clearly rubbing and making marks. Has been since day one. Already talked to dealer and he said..."just bring it into body shop and it will be taken care of".... I saw that earlier post about this and printed it out for the dealer. It even has the step by step instructions. About three months left on warranty, so I had better get hopping!

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone added the 2002 thicker weather strip to ragtop where it meets the deck lid?

Quick Reply: Anyone added the 2002 thicker weather strip to ragtop where it meets the deck lid?