C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for LG Street Header Install Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 12:42 PM
Vette C5
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for LG Street Header Install Instructions

I have an 03Z and in a few weeks I will be installing LG Street Headers, highflo cats, with borla stinger cat back. After the installation I will be getting a tune.

Does anyone have instructions (preferably with pics) for LG Street header installation? It would make the installation process alot quicker.

Thanks.
I will also be making a compairison video with stock exhaust vs LG street + borla stingers.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:43 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 76 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette C5
I have an 03Z and in a few weeks I will be installing LG Street Headers, highflo cats, with borla stinger cat back. After the installation I will be getting a tune.

Does anyone have instructions (preferably with pics) for LG Street header installation? It would make the installation process alot quicker.

Thanks.
I will also be making a compairison video with stock exhaust vs LG street + borla stingers.
LG not willing to help you out?
Old 02-07-2011, 02:57 PM
hamdog
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's on the LG website.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:13 PM
HSummer
Advanced

I used this one this weekend and it helped a pretty good bit
http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=29

Good luck on the back bolt on the drivers side, I could get about one click of a ratchet per turn on it. They don't mention it in the write up but removing the heat shield made it much easier to remove the stock manifolds.

You're probably gunna get frustrated with the install at some point but it's definitely worth it once you get it running
Old 02-07-2011, 03:15 PM
JW Motorsports
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 265 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'19,'22

Use the link from post 4 and this one http://www.cajundude.com/longtubes.htm
Old 12-13-2014, 12:30 PM
Chichi1986
Instructor

Just installed mine yesterday and yeah super pain in the "A" that rear bolt is. I have a question did you guys install both O2 sensors because i ojnly installed the rear ones in the rear sensor locations. Did you guys intall them in the front locations. My car runs a little rough right now
Old 12-13-2014, 01:25 PM
redcycle13
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Chichi1986
Just installed mine yesterday and yeah super pain in the "A" that rear bolt is. I have a question did you guys install both O2 sensors because i ojnly installed the rear ones in the rear sensor locations. Did you guys intall them in the front locations. My car runs a little rough right now
You need to use the front sensors. The rear sensors only tell the car if the catalytic converters are working properly. That will fix your rough running, but if you don't have converters you will still have a CEL.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:42 PM
ssrallyred
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

That set up is going to be LOUD !!
Old 12-13-2014, 10:02 PM
oh-yaa
Racer

Originally Posted by ssrallyred
That set up is going to be LOUD !!

I have LG Street Headers, high flow cats, and running in to Corsa Indys. It is LOUD when i step on it.

I did the install at home on jack stands during a weekend. It was not difficult. It was a while ago but if I recall, the pass side went in from the bottom and the drivers went in from the top. I did remove the steering shaft for access but it was all easy. Maybe took off the alternator too but not sure.

I do run both sets of O2 sensors to keep the CEL off. No stink and I doubt any loss of power with running the high flow cats.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:20 PM
martysauto
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Really, really loud! Keep your ti mufflers or your wife and neighbors won't be as friendly. Between the noise and drone you should be certifiably insane within 6 months.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for LG Street Header Install Instructions

Quick Reply: Looking for LG Street Header Install Instructions