C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power seat adjustment (fore-aft switch) not fully functioning!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 01:45 PM
poppyboy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power seat adjustment (fore-aft switch) not fully functioning!

After I replaced my sport seat covers and foam this weekend, as well as the "rocking seat" fix, the driver side front adjustment won't go down (it was in the "up" position when I first took it out). All other power seat functions work fine (including the "front-up"), because I hear the "click". The front-down function makes no click at all when I hit the switch. I did have some problems reconnecting the adjustment power connector to the power seat panel during reassembly. I kept coming in at an angle, but was finally able to go in straight and reconnect it. Is it possible that I bent a pin during those "angle" attempts, which may just be effecting one function (the "front-down"? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-07-2011, 02:12 PM
bumble-z
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I suggest removing the 4 seat track nuts.
Lift the front & rear tracks off the bolts & then slide a short (6")
4x4 under the front of seat.

This will give you enough room to see & disconnect the plug.
Visually inspect the connectors & you will be able to tell if you have indeed bent/broke one of the connectors.
(I don't think that's the problem)

Seems that I can remember another member doing the Rock n seat fix,
& upon reinstalling the 2 (worm gears?) they hadn't marked the right & left & had them in reverse order.

If that is the case, all you would have to do is reverse the gear placements?
Good luck.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:52 PM
poppyboy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response, BZ. I did one track at a time during the rocking seat fix, so hopefully that isn't the problem. If it was, I should still hear a click when I try the front-down adjustment, no? There's no sound-only for the front-up. I'll give a look at the connections to see if anything looks awry. Thanks again!

Get notified of new replies

To Power seat adjustment (fore-aft switch) not fully functioning!

Quick Reply: Power seat adjustment (fore-aft switch) not fully functioning!