C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedometer / cluster swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 02:32 AM
speedy1221
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Speedometer / cluster swap

Hey Im new to the forums, i hope i have this topic posted under the right place. i just recently bought a 98 C5 and i was told the 99plus models came with an optional HUD -.-

well i was thinking of going thru the head ache and trying to install one if i get the chance to buy one.

i know i have to change the cluster/speedometer to a 99+. cus my 98 does not bring the adapter under the speedo to plug the HUD

MY question is would my AUTO 98 c5 have any trouble reading / using a 2000 MANUAL trans c5 SPeedo with the HUD? if i am gonna run into trouble am i going to need a wire adapter of some sort?
Old 04-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Any C5 cluster will just drop right in. You will need the HUD, left HUD control panel and the harness to connect it to the cluster. The issue will be to get the mileage to match up. Make SURE that you document and SAVE the paperwork.!!!!!!

There are places that can do it but you will have to take the car there and have them do the odometer match. Its something that some dealers have the capability of doing. Takes special equipment.

BC

Quick Reply: Speedometer / cluster swap