C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HVAC Blower cuts out at two highest speeds

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 01:49 PM
AZ-vette
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default HVAC Blower cuts out at two highest speeds

I didn't want to continue to use vetteman741's thread so I created my own. Guessing the issue may be common...
Previous thread for reference;
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...ac-blower.html

I have a '00 convertible, MT.
Dual AC controls

My blower cuts out at the highest and 2nd highest fan speeds (last summer it would only cut out at the highest fan speed). Once I turn the fan speed back down below this threshold the blower comes back on. I checked ground point 202 and the connector for corrosion. Both were pristine. I checked fuses. No issue there.

Bill Curley provided pictures of the fan controller and what can go wrong with it. I'm guessing that is where I need to look next. Are there any tricks to getting to it? Is there something else I should be checking before tearing into the fan controller? If it is the fan controller is it repairable or just need to be replaced?
Thanks for the help!
Old 06-26-2011, 03:51 PM
AZ-vette
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, so I went and found the fan controller, pulled it and popped it open. Everything looks fine inside. Components are intact and bottom side traces look good. Is there any easy way to electrically test the fan controller module? Could my fan motor be going out?

HELP!
120 degree heat isn't too far away in AZ!

Quick Reply: HVAC Blower cuts out at two highest speeds