C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Johnny O'Connell shocks and sway bars: suspension REVIEW

Old 05-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Johnny O'Connell shocks and sway bars: suspension REVIEW

We get asked all of the time for customer reviews of the Johnny O'Connell suspension package. We are starting to phase in these types of reviews on our website, as well as facebook comments. We posted on about amonth ago. But in the meantime, we figured it would be beneficial to post the most recent one that was emailed to us yesterday. If you have a review you want to send us, please do so. Send it to reviews@pfadtracing.com. We would love to hear from you.

Thanks to Stu from NY for sending us this thoughtful review.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, May 26, 2011 at 6:16 AM
Subject: RE: Enquiry from Pfadt Race Engineering
To: Jarrett Bryden <jarrett@pfadtracing.com>

Jarrett,

I completed my 2 track days at the Glen with the Niagara Region PCA. I am happy to report that the Johnny O’ Connell Stage 1 packaged worked great. My corvette is a 2008 C6 LS3 coupe, I have Yokohama AD08 tires on ZR1 wheels. 265 x 18 / 35 front & 295 x 19 / 30 rear. LG front brake cooling kit. Vararam intake, SLP loudmouth exhaust, Carbotech XP 12 front / XP10 rear brake pads, stock cross drilled rotors. Street / track wheel alignment. This vette is driven to and from the track.
The first day on the track I got used to the new suspension package, which is far superior to the standard z51 package. I had the rear sway bar in the middle setting. After I got use to the handling, that night I changed to the stiffer setting. I did run in the competitive driving mode. The handling is very neutral in the corners which gives you a lot of confidence, no surprises. Very little understeer (push) just enough, and no oversteer (loose). Did a lot of trail braking and was able to get on the gas sooner at apex. Some roll but much less that the stock z51 package.
I was running so well and had so much confidence in the car that I was able to pass just about every Porsche on the track, a 911 GT3 was pretty fast, he was my main competition. However, this is not a RACE, but a HPDE. It is not advised to do lap times, but I was hitting between 140- 147MPH on the back straight, but the 11 turns & schcane are where it’s at on this track!

This is a great package for someone who wants to drive their car on the street and take it to occasional track days. Pfadt coil overs would be my next step, but for now I am very happy with the Johnny O Stage 1 package.

Stu

Thanks STU! We appreciate the feedback!

Old 07-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

bump for these shocks and the package being on sale!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Johnny O'Connell shocks and sway bars: suspension REVIEW