C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 12:53 AM
wheresmyz
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out!

Hey all,

I recently got a 2000A4...now has a Tric and Borla Xr1. Looking to get a complete H/C package with everything need to get about 400-440 HP.
Here's the prob.....Im a 18 yr old soon to be National Guard member and College student.

Prob wondering how a young kid has a vette. Well, it was originally my moms car. Than she saw that new mercedes that has just recently came out (C230 I believe) and she really wanted it. I told her that I would take over the payments on the vette and keep the vette so she could get the Mercedes and she agreed. The only way I could afford a vette was because my mom put a lot down on the car and the payments are only $500 a month.
$500 a month may be cheap for a vette but for a 18 yr old college kid....its a lot but I manage....Love the vette :yesnod:

Next summer(2003) I will get my training for the Army National Guard and it will end in the begining of sept. After completing my training in sept, I will get a bonus-I wanted to use that bonus to get the H/C package done.

Thats the prob....I cant wait a year!!! I'm looking for a company out there that will help a young guy out! I was wondering if someone could do some sort of monthly payment plan for me.
I was hoping to do this.....Get the H/C package done in may 2002, and than pay a certain amount per month till may 2003. Than when I get back from training and recieve my bonus-I will completely pay off the whole bill.
I know I must be dreaming to find a company like this-but make my dream come true!!! :D

Thanks for the time!
Old 04-25-2002, 01:07 AM
vette0202
Pro

Cruise-In I Veteran

Default Re: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out! (wheresmyz)

I can't believe you are not happy with what you got. I think you need to learn the value of money first.
Old 04-25-2002, 01:24 AM
wheresmyz
Heel & Toe

Default Re: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out! (vette9898)

I think you should mind your business :mad

Did I say I wasnt happy? NO I didnt. Of course i'm happy-I just want more like most of you guys.
Old 04-25-2002, 01:43 AM
MDL-01C5
Safety Car

Default Re: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out! (wheresmyz)

I don't know exactly what to make of this... :troll or no :confused:
Old 04-25-2002, 01:50 AM
intel55
Le Mans Master

Default Re: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out! (MDL-01C5)

I don't know exactly what to make of this... :troll or no :confused:
Hmmmm I am thinking not, but we'll see :D

wheresmyz:
hmmmm interesting question. I know what you mean by wanting the power now. I think it may be hard for someone to do that, because they still have to hold onto the liability until it is paid off. Maybe a tuner can help you out. :D

:cheers:
Old 04-25-2002, 01:58 AM
O-Ace
Safety Car

I'm also 18 and a college student....any tuners wanna hook me up? I'm thinking 422 stroker on a 2 year payment plan :D

Intel...you wanna help a college kid out? Please....
Old 04-25-2002, 02:14 AM
M-REXr34
Heel & Toe

Congratulations on joining the guard. Sorry I'm underinformed on LT1's, LT4's, LS1's, LS6's or any small block Chevy motors for the most part.
Old 04-25-2002, 02:40 AM
twinrx7
Instructor

<Snip>

Thats the prob....I cant wait a year!!! I'm looking for a company out there that will help a young guy out! I was wondering if someone could do some sort of monthly payment plan for me.
I was hoping to do this.....Get the H/C package done in may 2002, and than pay a certain amount per month till may 2003. Than when I get back from training and recieve my bonus-I will completely pay off the whole bill.
I know I must be dreaming to find a company like this-but make my dream come true!!! :D

Thanks for the time!
Man... if there was some type of a card that allowed you to "charge" and then make monthly payments... If we had something like that in the world, then life would be perfect. Maybe I should start something like that... I could call it Visa or Mastercard.

-Matt
Old 04-25-2002, 02:46 AM
O-Ace
Safety Car

Default Re: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out! (twinrx7)

Man... if there was some type of a card that allowed you to "charge" and then make monthly payments... If we had something like that in the world, then life would be perfect. Maybe I should start something like that... I could call it Visa or Mastercard.

-Matt
One word....Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that first? Actually, you know what...I think I still have an opportunity. I shall also make such a card and call it "Discover" :D :crazy:
Old 04-25-2002, 02:49 AM
twinrx7
Instructor

Default Re: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out! (O-Ace)

-Matt

One word....Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that first? Actually, you know what...I think I still have an opportunity. I shall also make such a card and call it "Discover" :D :crazy:
I have already struck deals with 98% of the nations retailers. Your "Discover" card will only be accepted at about 60% of retailers, but my Visa and Matt'sterCard will be accepted at 98%. Take that...

-Matt
Old 04-25-2002, 03:54 AM
QWKAZEL
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Re: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out! (twinrx7)

stop vette hatin'........just sell your mazda crap and move up to a real car

:smash:
twinrx7
Old 04-25-2002, 04:01 AM
twinrx7
Instructor

Default Re: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out! (QWKAZEL)

stop vette hatin'........just sell your mazda crap and move up to a real car

:smash:
twinrx7
Why do the cocky ones always live on the other side of the country...

-Matt
Old 04-25-2002, 04:41 AM
QWKAZEL
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In III Veteran

because we can afford to :cool:
Old 04-25-2002, 10:00 AM
wheresmyz
Heel & Toe

Default Re: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out! (intel55)

intel55:
Yea...I'm hoping some tuner out there will help me out. I'll do the contract and whatever it takes!

twinrx7:
It's not too easy for a 18 yr old to get a credit card with a limit high enough to get a H/C package done.

M-REXr34:
Thanks...I've always wanted to join the Army as a kid but the mom won't let me plus I really dont want to stop going to college now. That's why the Guard is great for me. So far it looks like I will be stationed as a Infantryman in the 29th Light Infantry. For you history people out there...29th infantry division were one of the first divisions to storm the beaches of Omaha :flag

By the way tuners.....email me at Fatalmotorsports@swirve.com
if you think you can help

[Modified by wheresmyz, 2:07 PM 4/25/2002]
Old 04-25-2002, 10:37 AM
lostsoulny
Le Mans Master

intel55:
Yea...I'm hoping some tuner out there will help me out. I'll do the contract and whatever it takes!

twinrx7:
It's not too easy for a 18 yr old to get a credit card with a limit high enough to get a H/C package done.

M-REXr34:
Thanks...I've always wanted to join the Army as a kid but the mom won't let me plus I really dont want to stop going to college now. That's why the Guard is great for me. So far it looks like I will be stationed as a Infantryman in the 29th Light Infantry. For you history people out there...29th infantry division were one of the first divisions to storm the beaches of Omaha :flag

By the way tuners.....email me at Fatalmotorsports@swirve.com
if you think you can help

[Modified by wheresmyz, 2:07 PM 4/25/2002]
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: why not just let fatal motorsports do the work :D
Old 04-25-2002, 10:55 AM
wheresmyz
Heel & Toe

Default Re: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out! (lostsoulny)

Well, cause thats my company :yesnod:

I went down to the district court and got myself a business license. I used that to fax to distributors and than take orders from people-just like the people on this forum...but haven't done it on this forum...stop doing that about a year ago-and than place a order from the distributor and send them off to the people who ordered them.

Stopped doing it cause I was making very little money off it plus didnt have the time. I was basically selling the parts to people for the price I got them for...I was basically just trying to help them-couldnt see myself ripping them off. :blueangel:

I wish I knew how to install a H/C package :D
I tried to do the folia tech red paint caliper and it look like :U
After I was done painting the calipers...it was so bad, I felt ashamed to drive the car :sad:
Went to home depot-got paint thinner and now everything is back to normal :cool:
Old 04-25-2002, 11:22 AM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm with O-Ace! I'm an 18 year-old STRUGGLING college student too, who needs to be hooked up with some more power. C'mon tuners, where's the love?

Get notified of new replies

To For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out!

Old 04-25-2002, 11:41 AM
wheresmyz
Heel & Toe

Default Re: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out! (LuvmyC5)

More 18yr olds with vettes on here than I thought :yesnod:

Come one Tuners!! THREE people here right now who need your help and willing to give you business!
Old 04-25-2002, 12:00 PM
O-Ace
Safety Car

More 18yr olds with vettes on here than I thought :yesnod:

Come one Tuners!! THREE people here right now who need your help and willing to give you business!
Yep...I'm ready to give business. I can only pay $44.95 a month for the 422 Stroker tho. Where are the tuners? ARE, MTI, DRM? Oh...and I changed my mind...sign me up for the 5 year payment plan :D :smash:
Old 04-25-2002, 12:06 PM
wheresmyz
Heel & Toe

On a serious note....Tuners-I am truly interested in doing this!
Please email me at
fatalmotorsports@swirve.com

Quick Reply: For the Tuners out there that want to help a young guy out!