I installed a GM10-AUX audio converter in my 2001 z06, I looked around but it seems that others have deleted their pictures and nothing was complete (for what I needed anyway). You do not need to remove your carpets (I did because I just bought the car and like to clean EVERYTHING).
I did this because I cannot stand listening to static on the radio, I can now listen to pandora (online radio) off of my smart phone, you can use an ipod or mp3 player to play crystal clear music also.
If you car has a cd changer (then you already have the COR-HAR harness, you do not need to hardwire the GM10-AUX), the GM10-AUX audio converter plugs right into the COR-HAR harness.
This is for adding an aux input into your factory radio using the GM10-AUX, and not needing the COR-HAR (the harness for more of a plug and play installation and costs about $70), the total time is about 30-60 minutes depending on your skills (which should be basic), this is not hard at all and would have went by a lot quicker if I had this to follow.
I took the pictures after I installed it, your plugs may be located in different areas (due to the different years).
To start off, remove the fuse panel cover on the passenger side.
1. Locate the 3 & 4 pin connectors.
2. Cut the 3-pin plug off (leave enough wire on the plug if you need to reattach the wires.
3. Locate the 4-pin plug and either give it a tug or pry it off the base, cut 3 of the 4 wires (green w/white, brown w/white, black w/white), again leave enough wire sticking out of the plug incase you need to reattach it.
4. Cut the black plug off of the GM10-AUX unit (again leaving enough wire sticking out of the plug incase you need to reattach).
5. All you need to do is connect 6 wires to get this unit to work, they are as follows (PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT COLORS:
Purple - Data
Gray - Ground
Orange - Power
Black - Audio Ground
White - Audio Right (+)
Red - Audio Left (+)
On the Corvette they are:
Orange - Power
Black/White - Ground
Dark Green - Data
Green/White - Audio Right (+)
Brown/White - Audio Left (+)
Black/White - Audio Ground
Off of the Vettes 3 pin plug and the GM10-AUX:
Connect both orange (power) wires together
Connect the Vettes Dark Green with the units Purple (data)
Connect the Vettes Black/White with the units Gray (ground)
Now onto the 4-Pin plug:
Connect the Vettes Green/White with the units White wire (Audio Right)
Connect the Vettes Brown/White with the units Red wire (Audio Left)
Connect the Vettes Black/White with the units Black wire (Audio Ground)
After making sure all wires colors are correct, test the unit out, if you get a blinking CD-ICON image on your factory head unit:
A flashing "CD-ICON" means the AUX-input has not been properly registered into the radio. When you encounter this, all you need to do is:
*Turn ignition OFF
*Disconnect GM10-AUX from harness for 10sec.
*Turn ignition back ON
*A steady ON "cd-icon" should appear on the radio display
After you test it out, hide all the wires and make it look good (I am still waiting for my 3.5mm extension cable).