C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where is the how to on putting new face gauges in?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Default Where is the how to on putting new face gauges in?

I remeber seeing it but can't find it. I have some aftermarket gauges that go over the stockers and would like to see the how to. I have everything out already since I put the silver bezel rings I just need to see the rest. Thanks
Old 08-08-2011, 05:33 PM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Granby, MA Talladega Super Speedway Vettes 4 Vets Ambassador
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Middle TN Events Coordinator
Cruise-In 1, 3, 9. 10 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by Chicago1
I remeber seeing it but can't find it. I have some aftermarket gauges that go over the stockers and would like to see the how to. I have everything out already since I put the silver bezel rings I just need to see the rest. Thanks
Fire me over your email...I'll send you a present lol.
What type of faces did you get...are they just slip on covers or do they have wires/separate power source to them?

I hate to say this late...but I hope you used black silicone and not the glue for your bezel rings. If you did the glue trick...2 things...watch the IPC for discoloration as sometimes the fumes will attach to the black inside portion and fog it over causing it to look white. This is very rare but on occasion has happened. In addition, the glue after 6-8 months becomes hard and brittle. This causes the bezel rings to fall off. There are numerous reports of this. The solution is they went to a "glue gel", while this helped...I still think silicone is a much better solution. It is easier to handle, clean up, and will never get hard.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

I used the glue gell hopefully I won't have those issues but with my luck it will happen lol. I got the ones with the wires and power source. Thanks man I appreciate it

avengershant1@gmail.com

Get notified of new replies

To Where is the how to on putting new face gauges in?

Quick Reply: Where is the how to on putting new face gauges in?