C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Clutch replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 11:24 AM
Db1971
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PRE-Z06
We can install a Level 1 Monster Premium package with 18lb billet lightweight flywheel, new bolts and bleeder for $1600 out the door with tax. Feel free to contact me with any questions or to schedule an appointment.

where are yall located?
Old 10-14-2014, 12:39 PM
0SNL/MonsterClutchCo
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Db1971
where are yall located?
We are near Fort Worth Texas. Give us a call if you have any questions.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:42 PM
Db1971
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Db1971
where are yall located?
Number? I must have missed it
Old 07-22-2015, 10:54 PM
lambert55
Heel & Toe

Default Clutch Question

I just purchased a 2004 Z06 with 20k miles. It is completely unmolested. I did two track days with it last weekend and Texas World. Twice, at the same corner, the clutch pedal stayed down and I couldn't get it into gear until I was able to pull the clutch pedal up and pump it a couple of times. The downshift point is under heavy braking from 6000 rpm in 4th down to third at about 4000 rpm in 3rd. One gentleman thinks I need a new clutch. I am just looking for second opinions. I plan to change the clutch fluid tomorrow but I hate to go back to the track in 3 weeks only to have my clutch fail. I would just change it if you guys experience dictates replacement.

July 19 at Texas World
Old 07-23-2015, 03:54 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

A completely stock OEM C5 ZO6 should be happy ALL day with the OEM clutch. That being said,, If it were ME, and knowing what I know now,, I would install a NEW OEM Master cylinder and completely flush and bleed the master /slave.

I had a similar issue after I bumped up the HP from 390 RWHP to 450 RWHP. I was SURE that the pressure plate and disk was trash. It only had (50K miles) but, they were hard miles. I like to play!

NOPE! They actually looked really good. No hot spots on the flywheel, disk was still good and pressure plate looked normal.

HOWEVER,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I took the old master cylinder apart and HOLY CRAP! It was full of old clutch dust slime and nasty crap. A LOT MORE debris than I thought was possible inside a clutch master cyl. Possibly the entire reason that I had a stuck peddle under full throttle.

I installed a SPEC Duel disk clutch, TICK Master, OEM slave, OEM throwout bearing and remote bleeder line to replace the OEM clutch and clutch parts. $$$$$$$$ but worth it.

SO,, on the cheep, change the master cylinder first. Its easy and only 50-60 bucks. May save you from doing anything else.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Curlee; 07-23-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:30 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by lambert55
I just purchased a 2004 Z06 with 20k miles. It is completely unmolested. I did two track days with it last weekend and Texas World. Twice, at the same corner, the clutch pedal stayed down and I couldn't get it into gear until I was able to pull the clutch pedal up and pump it a couple of times. The downshift point is under heavy braking from 6000 rpm in 4th down to third at about 4000 rpm in 3rd. One gentleman thinks I need a new clutch. I am just looking for second opinions. I plan to change the clutch fluid tomorrow but I hate to go back to the track in 3 weeks only to have my clutch fail. I would just change it if you guys experience dictates replacement.

July 19 at Texas World
You should start your own thread the op posted 3 or 4 years ago...This is pretty common on these cars it may just need a good flush but like I said common problem and lots of fixes. I think the ranger method comes to mind. I just did my clutch in my garage no lift by myself except when lining up the splines on install. Pretty straight forward job if you ever think about tackling it yourself

Quick Reply: C5 Clutch replacement