C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Headers for C5-which is the best?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 02:10 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a set of XsPowers for my 02 Z06 and installed them. The fit was ok but far from great. One O2 sensor fit is very tight and I had to make some cuts. The rear pipes wouldn't line up right no matter what I did so I have one bent a little to stop it from hitting. That said for about $800 with cats and x-pipe compared to the others that will cost almost double. I'll keep the xspower and the pita they were during the install.

I haven't had the car retuned since install but there is no question they improve performance. I run road courses with the car and the pull in 3rd and 4th is excellent. With stock Ti mufflers it sounds a little bit throatier but has no booming or resonance issues on the street or highway. They do feel very solid and the welds look pretty darned good. They may or may not be made in GA. I don't really care about this argument on origin anymore. It's old news. Some of the parts you guys spent $1,000s on are being outsourced to China your vendor just hasn't bothered to tell you this yet...

The same product from the 3 vendors I considered was $1,600 at least. That's double, not a few hundred like some said. That is a BIG difference.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:31 AM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by JW@JWMotoring.com
Lg streets based on what you're looking for. Lifetime warranty also

Highlights:
  • 1 3/4" Primary size
  • 3" 4 into 1 collector, and industry standard
  • Full 2.5" mid section
  • 2.5" X pipe design
  • Connects to OE or OE replacment mufflers
  • All wires, hardware, extensions included
  • High flow optional 200 cell metal matrix catalytic converters
  • Off-road pipes included no charge on cat'd systems
  • 25-30+ RWHP GAIN!
  • LifeTime Warranty for original owner
  • Supports over 450 RWHP
  • Designed for the bolt on to mild cam'd Vette

Order here
FYI i made 914 rwhp and 890 tq with those so called street headers with an old skool novi 2000 few weeks back..and i still retain the factory ti exaust...
jus passing along

Quick Reply: Exhaust Headers for C5-which is the best?