C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side Mirror Jackscrews. . .

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Dans97
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side Mirror Jackscrews. . .

I accidentally snapped one of my jackscrews when trying to replace the mirror glass on my passenger side mirror. Does anyone know where to go to buy just these jackscrews?

I've been to gene culley's website and cant find what part of the mirror it would be under. Here's the link to his page, where the door mirror parts are: http://store.gmpartshouse.com/partlo...layCatalogid=0

Even if I have to pay for a whole piece just to get the jackscrews, I'm prepared to do this. It's still cheaper for me to fix it myself than pay the insurance premium.

Thanks for any help.

Dan
Old 10-03-2011, 05:00 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

They are not sold individually...I've been here almost 15 years and have never seen them sold like that. There are a number of parts on this car that should be available individually...maybe an enterprising soul will offer them some day.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Dans97
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was afraid of that!!

I do not have a pictured diagram for the different parts of the side view mirror. According to this link: http://store.gmpartshouse.com/partlo...layCatalogid=0

what piece should i order to get a hold of some new jackscrews?

Thanks,

Dan
Old 10-04-2011, 12:08 PM
jim993
Drifting

Received 523 Likes on 334 Posts

Also try gmpartsshop.com

They might be helpful.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:40 PM
dadaroo
Le Mans Master

Received 290 Likes on 226 Posts
Default Mirror Parts

Your other option is to buy a used mirror assembly from eBay and just remove the part. When I replaced my driver mirror, both pulled out. They were not damaged and it was easy to reinstall them. I thought when they came out I had ruined the whole assembly, but they went right back in with no problem. I got my repacement from Corvette Central and was really happly with how the old one came out and the new one went in. Good Luck, Sam

Get notified of new replies

To Side Mirror Jackscrews. . .

Quick Reply: Side Mirror Jackscrews. . .