C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally proof the Kooks Green Cats Work!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 02:02 AM
Dannywg
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally proof the Kooks Green Cats Work!

I have procharger,kooks longtubes,kooks x pipes, borla exhaust,kooks cats, and lots more. Well I failed airfare Colorado emissions 6 times so I ordered the new kooks green cats and had them welded in. I ran the car for 1 hour today to warm up the cats first and then went in very nervously. While waiting in the room I saw the driver in the red the whole time on the dyno rollers with the sniffed in exhaust. I was sure I failed, but was praying these cats actually work. Well the guy ran up shakes my hand and said congratulations you passed. I jumped up and down and ran back in the waiting room and high fived everone. Not only did I pass but with flying colors. I linked the last failed results on top and the new passed one after the kooks cats on the bottom.Wow, yeah their expensive but MSN they really work. Next week I go in for a new tune, so we'll see how they do. Also no codes either. I can't figure out how to post attachment to show results. I can facebook anyone the pics of the results difference of before and after cats.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:41 PM
petsur
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Dannywg
I have procharger,kooks longtubes,kooks x pipes, borla exhaust,kooks cats, and lots more. Well I failed airfare Colorado emissions 6 times so I ordered the new kooks green cats and had them welded in. I ran the car for 1 hour today to warm up the cats first and then went in very nervously. While waiting in the room I saw the driver in the red the whole time on the dyno rollers with the sniffed in exhaust. I was sure I failed, but was praying these cats actually work. Well the guy ran up shakes my hand and said congratulations you passed. I jumped up and down and ran back in the waiting room and high fived everone. Not only did I pass but with flying colors. I linked the last failed results on top and the new passed one after the kooks cats on the bottom.Wow, yeah their expensive but MSN they really work. Next week I go in for a new tune, so we'll see how they do. Also no codes either. I can't figure out how to post attachment to show results. I can facebook anyone the pics of the results difference of before and after cats.
Great news man. Say, can you post this in the Mountain section as we have a discussion going on cats and Clean Air Colorado. Thanks.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Alvin@PCMofNC
Supporting Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Excellent, glad to hear they are working well for you!

See what's in our shop on Facebook! Customer Build Blogs!
www.pcmofnc.com
Performance Installs - Dyno Tuning - Mail Order Tuning & Sales
704-307-4227
Old 06-20-2013, 04:02 PM
chaase
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Colorado still uses rollers? Even in nearly communist NY we get to use the simple ODBII plugin test.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Supercharged111
Safety Car

Received 472 Likes on 349 Posts

Do you have the sheet with all the numbers?
Old 06-21-2013, 11:29 AM
5280Racer
Drifting

I have heard of good things when it comes to those green cats..
Old 06-24-2013, 04:24 AM
Dannywg
Intermediate

Yeah, I have to find all the old failed sheets but i'll have figure out how to attach on here. I have 1 before and 1 after cats in my phone photos. I also didn't mentioned I have a 3600 rpm stall and 373 gears, which I think both of those make passing rollers harder. I haven't gotten the new tune yet as I'm too broke right now, so I don't know if they affected my horsepower but my car feels the same and still no codes. The old high flow cats by kooks are crap and failed even with a gallon of denatured alcohol, but these passed by almost putting out zero emissions, I thought they were just hype, and I hadn't heard yet from any Colorado Corvette owners using them yet. I got them from Colorado speed, but I had to call kooks to find out what size would fit into my racing headers/ x pipe setup. Colorado speed doesn't have a clue what size, but they gave me the best price. It was still expensive but a lot cheaper than having a Corvette dealership order them for you. Have your local muffler shop weld them in, at $120. It's so much cheaper this way than having to hastle with detuning, and retuning and removing headers and getting addresses out of city and always making lies up to cops. Ya aircare Colorado is a scam but at least now we know there's hope. I want to see if someone can pass with a really agressive cam and these cats.

Get notified of new replies

To Finally proof the Kooks Green Cats Work!

Quick Reply: Finally proof the Kooks Green Cats Work!