C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger window stuck down, grinding noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 02:44 PM
CleverUsername
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Passenger window stuck down, grinding noise

Ok, so I currently have my door trim panel off and the speaker removed so I can access the window but I can't figure out what's wrong!! When I push the window to go up or down nothing happens with the window itself. The motor sounds like it's working, but theres a grinding noise and I can see the cables getting loose on the pulleys near the top of the door trim.

Any advice or others experiences appreciated!
Old 11-17-2011, 04:04 PM
CleverUsername
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Figured it out. Regulator is completed binded. Cabling in it is frayed in the wheel. Going to be a cold few days while I wait for a new one!
Old 11-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Mr.C5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem on my drivers side, my new regulator came in yesterday and all I have done is watch the how-to video and then sit out in my driveway scratching my head.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:50 PM
08 ATOMIC-Z
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

I had this problem, it is an easy fix. Its the regulator and you need a new one. It will take about an hour and a half. Just take your time and it will be fine. If you have a service manual the steps are easy to follow. One key is to mark where the window is, trace around the clamps. This will help you in adjusting the window.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Mr.C5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

took me 30 minutes, most of that was adjusting the height of the window when its closed. First time it wouldn't sink into the little rubber seal, second time was a charm. Very good video on youtube about how to do it. I watched it three times, then said **** it. Went and did it. Now onto the flasher bypass and hazard switch.

Get notified of new replies

To Passenger window stuck down, grinding noise

Quick Reply: Passenger window stuck down, grinding noise