C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can My Chevy dealer do a tune?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 09:54 PM
Ikester
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Bubbletop409
They denied my request for the $ 100.00, but said they would give me Guardian Care for a year, which amounted to FIVE Mobil 1 oil and filter changes, the retail price was $ 125.00 per visit.

GM has since lost my loyalty.
what an idiot service manager who did that!
Old 11-25-2011, 01:06 AM
TurboBerserker
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any good custom tune will show an improvement in power over the stock tune (regardless of the transmission type).
Old 11-25-2011, 07:21 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
The STEALERSHIP is NOT authorized to modify your tune other to flash in a stock updated tune or flash in a mod that is authorized by specific repair campaigns. SORRY,, but,, there NOT going to do anything for you.

Adding minimal mods like a cat back will NOT effect the tune. However,, the addition of a cold air intake like a VARARAM can benefit from tuning only cause it will screw the MAF tables and you will run a little rich and loose a few MPG. Its NOT really necessary.

As others have recommended,, SKIP the TUNE until you do some more substantial mods like headers or a cam..

BC

Quick Reply: Can My Chevy dealer do a tune?