C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turn signals/ corner lights diagram

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 08:12 PM
wagner262
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default turn signals/ corner lights diagram

so ive pulled my passenger side corner light to change the light bulb cause it went out. The way the light and the corner marker attach has broken so Im need to replace the light and the marker.

im trying to decide would it be easier to just cut the light and wire a new one on? or is it best to track down the entire harness and replace it?

not sure what the harness looks like or what work would be entitled.

any diagrams or tips would be sick!
Old 12-21-2011, 10:59 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

Just attach a new socket. Solder it and use double wall heat shrink tubing. It will have a hot glue like substance inside that will seal the joints well.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:12 AM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

This is the full procedure but as you've already pulled the housing I guess you've worked most of it out. Not sure if the pictures help

I'll try to find a pic of the harness but I'd just change the bulb holders and splice some new ones into the circuit.

Park/Turn Signal/Side Marker Lamp Replacement
Removal Procedure

1. Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in General Information.
2. Remove the front fascia lower closeout panel.

3. Release the brake caliper cooling duct from the front fascia, and position the duct aside.

4. Remove the front turn signal lamp bracket retaining spring from the lamp bracket.
5. Remove the lamp bracket retaining spring from the front fascia.
6. Remove the front turn signal lamp bracket retaining screws.

7. Disconnect the sockets from the lamp.

8. Remove the lamp, with the bracket, from the vehicle.
9. Remove the lamp to bracket retaining screws.
10. Remove the lamp from the bracket.
Installation Procedure
1. Install the front park/turn signal and sidemarker lamp into position on the front turn signal lamp bracket.
Notice
Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
2. Install the front park/turn signal and sidemarker lamp to bracket retaining screws.
Tighten
Tighten the front park/turn signal and sidemarker lamp to bracket retaining screws to 2 N•m (18 lb in).
3. Install the sockets to the lamp.
4. Install the lamp, with the bracket, to the front fascia.
5. Align the lamp to the opening in the front fascia and hold the lamp firmly in place against the fascia, while installing the front turn signal lamp bracket retaining screws.
Tighten
Tighten the front turn signal lamp bracket retaining screws to 3 N•m (27 lb in).
6. Install the lamp bracket retaining spring to the front fascia.
7. Install the front turn signal lamp bracket retaining spring to the lamp bracket.
8. Position the brake caliper cooling duct to the front fascia and press the duct toward the fascia to secure.
9. Install the front fascia lower closeout panel. Refer to Close Out Panel - Front Bumper Fascia Lower in Bumpers.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:22 AM
wagner262
Pro

yeah thanks guys i think my best option is to cut the bulb and soder/splice a new one on. plus get a new corner light housing
Old 12-22-2011, 03:27 AM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I think this answers the question

Here's the full harness

Old 12-22-2011, 01:17 PM
wagner262
Pro

you da man! thats exactly what im looking for!
Old 12-26-2011, 11:42 PM
XPLOSYV
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where did you get this info from? my signal lights r both out!!!

printed this up but wouldn't mind knowing for the future
Old 07-12-2012, 08:05 PM
3whit
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

#38 and #40 relay in the footwell fuse box control corner markers DRL ,check those relays maybe it could be an easy fix.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:17 PM
flyingjoey
Advanced

Where are the wires for right and left turn on my 1999 corvette? I am installing camera sy stem to mirror. Need to add the two wires to right and left turn.. I don't know where .. start thanks joe

Get notified of new replies

To turn signals/ corner lights diagram

Quick Reply: turn signals/ corner lights diagram