C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installation Instructions/pics for Elite Catch Can on 2004 LS1/LS6

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 04:04 PM
TrueBlueCoupe
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installation Instructions/pics for Elite Catch Can on 2004 LS1/LS6

The 2004 LS1/LS6 do not have a PCV valve, they have a tube running from the valley cover with a orifice to restrict flow. Attached are pictures and steps to install the Elite Engineering Catch Can.

Assemble the catch can as described and mount to the head, very straight forward. Then locate the tube that is "U" shaped coming from behind the throttle body and connected to the valley cover, the tube looks like this:

Once the tube is removed I installed a clamp on one end of the supplied hose and attached it to the silver connection on the valley cover, slide clamp in place. Measure hose to top of catch can, cut and clamp in place. I then ran the hose from the intake manifold to the catch can, measure, cut and clamp in place. Attached are the pictures to help with the routing.

Final installed pictures

Hope this helps someone. The quality of these cans is amazing and the install is very simple.

Eric
Old 01-09-2012, 06:39 PM
2MCHPWR
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

i see the hose coming from your drivers side valve cover that goes to the top of the throttle body. SHouldn't that also go into a catch can because doesn't oil get into the intake that way when tracking hard?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Droshki
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would I want one of these?
Old 01-10-2012, 10:28 AM
TrueBlueCoupe
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Droshki
Why would I want one of these?
It gets the oil out of the air before it goes into your intake. Preventing sludge in the intake and burnt oil on the back of the valves.

I have to research that hose. The line I ran to the can is the one which is used for the PCV connection on 2004 cars, on the earlier cars they use the line from the PCV valve on the valve cover. As far as I know I don't have a PCV valve on the valve cover.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:48 AM
hotwheels57
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/i...tructions.html

Quote:

"2004 and beyond LS1, LS6 and LS2 – PCV system removes crankcase vapors off the valley cover.
A non-removable 2.5 mm orifice built into the valley cover hose fitting regulates flow.
"

Last edited by hotwheels57; 01-10-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Installation Instructions/pics for Elite Catch Can on 2004 LS1/LS6

Quick Reply: Installation Instructions/pics for Elite Catch Can on 2004 LS1/LS6