C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Post, Torque converter will not lockup, I just installed lockup switch

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2002, 05:18 PM
Supercharged
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Post, Torque converter will not lockup, I just installed lockup switch

Help, Yesterday I installed a Torque Converter lockup switch, now the T/C will not lockup by itself. With the switch (grounding the #42 pin of the computer), the lockup works great: but with the switch off now there is no automatic lockup. Need some help please.
Old 05-12-2002, 08:21 AM
GLENN43
Pro

Default Re: New Post, Torque converter will not lockup, I just installed lockup switch (Supercharged)

If I may ask what does locking up and what does not locking up mean . I have a TC2400 with 3.42/TransGo shift kit and I just put the peadel down and drive should I do any thing diffrent?

Thank You
Glenn :flag :flag :flag :jester :chevy :troll :flag :flag

[Modified by GLENN43, 6:22 AM 5/12/2002]
Old 05-12-2002, 12:15 PM
Ddaanc5
Heel & Toe

Default Re: New Post, Torque converter will not lockup, I just installed lockup switch (Supercharged)

Did you leave the original wire in place, i.e. just tap into it? You may have opened [disconnected] the circut to the computer grounding switch. :)

Get notified of new replies

To New Post, Torque converter will not lockup, I just installed lockup switch

Quick Reply: New Post, Torque converter will not lockup, I just installed lockup switch