C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Seats Stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 12:06 AM
radd2983
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Seats Stopped working

Any help appreciated! I was working on my 98 searching for the fuse that controls the under hood light. I finally found it and fixed the hood light. I used the cig lighter as a ground for my multi meter and managed to pop the fuse no biggie I thought. I replaced that fuse then went to drive the car and I could not move the seat! I checked the other seat too and it didn't work either!!!

I checked the fuses for power and they had power. The Seat circuit breaker have no power. I don't know if their suppose to. I've been searching the net for a few hours scratching my head on this one. I don't know if i managed to do this or if it was just bad timing.

Please Please guide me someone!

Thanks again!
Old 02-21-2012, 12:57 AM
corvette c5er
Intermediate

i also have a problem with the power seats it can move to front but cant move back
Old 02-21-2012, 03:42 PM
radd2983
3rd Gear

Mine just died completely! bout to go take it apart. Fawk this thing is being a pain!
Old 02-21-2012, 05:32 PM
radd2983
3rd Gear

The wiring harness under the seat that comes out of the floor must have been caught up on the seat while moving at some point. It's damaged, the wiring harness seems to be working only if i fuss with it. Have to hunt down the break in the wire and replace it.

Get notified of new replies

To Power Seats Stopped working

Quick Reply: Power Seats Stopped working