C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIC INSTALL: DEALER SAYS CANNOT SET MILEAGE TO THAT IN PCM

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 08:09 PM
PaceThis
Race Director

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Default DIC INSTALL: DEALER SAYS CANNOT SET MILEAGE TO THAT IN PCM

I ran into this while replacing the DIC with a HUD equipped version.
In fact, they said that in 98 Corvettes, the mileage isn't stored in the PCM. Is this true? I had really hoped they could reset the mileage of the cluster (19k) to that of the car (4K). It's not worth it to leave the HUD in if people think the mileage is 15k higher.
Anyone that's had their clusters replaced, please help me out here!
Thanks,
Josh
Old 05-17-2002, 08:22 PM
0vetteshop
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Default Re: DIC INSTALL: DEALER SAYS CANNOT SET MILEAGE TO THAT IN PCM (PaceThis)

The mileage is stored in the cluster,unlike the C-4 where it was stored in the BCM....The dealer cant change the mileage.The cluster would have to be sent to an authorized repair facility that the dealer deals with...
Old 05-17-2002, 08:43 PM
PaceThis
Race Director

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Re: DIC INSTALL: DEALER SAYS CANNOT SET MILEAGE TO THAT IN PCM (C-5 TECH)

I thought they had it stored both places, so they could catch criminals changing clusters...
Old 05-17-2002, 09:00 PM
0vetteshop
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Default Re: DIC INSTALL: DEALER SAYS CANNOT SET MILEAGE TO THAT IN PCM (PaceThis)

You can read mileage on the PCM data stream because all 10 modules in the C5 comunicate together on the class 2 serial data line.The cluster is one of those modules ;) When you replace a PCM or BCM,you dont program mileage into it...When a cluster is sent out for repair or exchange,the mileage is programmend into it...The reason why your mileage is incorrect is simply because it is stored in the cluster.

The dealer cant change mileage for obviuos reseons ;)

Get notified of new replies

To DIC INSTALL: DEALER SAYS CANNOT SET MILEAGE TO THAT IN PCM

Quick Reply: DIC INSTALL: DEALER SAYS CANNOT SET MILEAGE TO THAT IN PCM