C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS module problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 08:36 PM
T Evans
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS module problem

I am a newbie having just purchased my first vett. I have a 2000 convertible and have purchased a set of after market C6 chrome ZR1 wheels and installed my factory tpm's. The tire shop had a problem getting them to reset but finally was able to get them to read but they read incorrectly, but at least the service tpms light wasn't coming on.
Now the service tpms light comes on along with the service vehicle soon and check tire pressure comes on every time I start the car.
I took it to the Chevy dealership to have them reset the tpms but they said that they were having trouble with the module not wanting to communicate with their equipment. They said that they would have to do some studying up and see if they can come up with a way to fix it.
Does this mean my module is bad or my dealership doesn't know what they are doing or both?

Thanks for any help in this matter.

Terry
Old 04-05-2012, 10:00 PM
87SAM
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 249 Posts

Your 2000 sensors are past their lift span. They are good for 8 years or so, after that, it’s borrowed time.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:23 AM
T Evans
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS Problem

Thanks guys, I will try the reprogramming procedure and if it doesn't work I will have to break down and purchase new ones or have these rebuilt.

Thanks again

Get notified of new replies

To TPMS module problem

Quick Reply: TPMS module problem