C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valvetrain noise in cabin?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 09:49 AM
mchicia1
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Valvetrain noise in cabin?

This tick that I only hear in the cabin is driving me insane. I cannot hear a thing in the engine bay that is not your normal heads/cam/fast amplified valvetrain noise.

But driving with the windows up and the radio off, it is so loud. Does anyone here have any videos of their car between 1000-1500 rpms in the cabin? My gut is saying the noise isn't normal but I want to compare with others first before I go throwing parts at my motor. Only 10k on the cam and ls7 lifters. The thing that is really driving me nuts is that I can't remember if this noise was there from the beginning or it is a new noise, as I drove mostly with my windows down when I first cammed it.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Sargevette
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Lifter or rocker going bad. I went through this several times with my modded 06 GTO. Hi lift cammed LS based motors seem to be hard on rockers.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:05 AM
mchicia1
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sargevette
Lifter or rocker going bad. I went through this several times with my modded 06 GTO. Hi lift cammed LS based motors seem to be hard on rockers.
Must be a lifter then. If it were a rocker, I am sure I would hear it in the engine bay. I will pull the VCs and check them though. They are stock as in no trunion upgrade. The cam is a .600 lift on both int/ext and 226/230 duration. So not that extreme of a cam.

Get notified of new replies

To Valvetrain noise in cabin?

Quick Reply: Valvetrain noise in cabin?