C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turn signals problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 07:50 AM
rcskisfast
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turn signals problems

Recently my turn signals will not work I turn the signal on and the indicator lamps are not flashing this happens in either direction. When I put the 4 way flashers the indicators work. This problem is intermitten. Any Ideas? Thanks, Ron
Old 07-14-2012, 08:20 AM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,220 Likes on 2,302 Posts

Go to the C5 tech page (where you typed this thread) and on the right, select "search this forum". Type in "intermittent turn signals" and you will see several threads on how to either replace or bypass your four way flasher. Or you can just cycle it quickly off/on several times and the turn signals will work for a while.

Click here for one of them, but there are many more for your reading pleasure:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...t+turn+signals

Last edited by 65GGvert; 07-14-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:46 AM
LagunaPete
Intermediate

Default Covered

This assures that you have a genuine Corvette and not some knock off . It is inherent in the C5 in other words.

Yes, 65GGvert is right. The forum totally covers it.

This is a classic example where the saying applies:
"If it works, don't fix it."

I get suspicions that when these designers come up with these outlandish setups like this one, that it is literally designed to fail. They make it for the parts department. That is what I think. Look. You're not going to incorporate all the electronics for signaling in a module that small, especially with consideration of the size of relay that's used.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:02 PM
rcskisfast
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by LagunaPete
This assures that you have a genuine Corvette and not some knock off . It is inherent in the C5 in other words.

Yes, 65GGvert is right. The forum totally covers it.

This is a classic example where the saying applies:
"If it works, don't fix it."

I get suspicions that when these designers come up with these outlandish setups like this one, that it is literally designed to fail. They make it for the parts department. That is what I think. Look. You're not going to incorporate all the electronics for signaling in a module that small, especially with consideration of the size of relay that's used.
I'm in total agreement, They developed drive by wire, in all my years dealing with throttle cables never had a problem with one. If you did it was less than 20 bucks to replace the cable. Now with drive by wire it will probably cost a min of 250.00 to fix. Sometime technoligy is overkill. Thanks everyone for your help I'll fix the problem. Regard's, Ron

Get notified of new replies

To turn signals problems

Quick Reply: turn signals problems