C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extremly loud squealing noise!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 07:35 PM
topkart43
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extremly loud squealing noise!!!

I have a 2002 corvette z06 and I am getting a bad squealing noise from the engine area when I accelerate. I have replaced the harmonic balancer and tensior and pulleys. I hear the squealing noise when I give the engine gas and no ac is on. When I turn the ac on it makes a weird noise when it comes on, but still when I give it gas it makes a loud noise. When I put belt dressing on or water the noise stops for a bit and then comes back sometimes it comes back even louder. The noise is so loud that its embarrasing to drive. I was told by a shop that my ac clutch/ compressor or pulley is out and that is the problem. Im not sure what it might be, any help would be great. I just want to drive the car without this annoying noise.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:43 PM
thepitstop2010
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you replace with oem balancer? What brand belts are you using? Don't use belt dressing anymore it creates a filmy/sticky residue on everything the belt slings it on and also makes the pulleys slick allowing belt slippage.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:14 PM
lucky131969
Tech Contributor

Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by topkart43
I was told by a shop that my ac clutch/ compressor or pulley is out and that is the problem.
Seems like the easier thing to do, is remove the A/C belt, and see if the noise goes away........or have you left out information..?

Get notified of new replies

To Extremly loud squealing noise!!!

Quick Reply: Extremly loud squealing noise!!!