C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

airbag light

Old 08-25-2012, 01:19 PM
water
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default airbag light

I had changed out my driver side airbag due to sticky cover. I did everything that my service manual said to do. When you turn the key on the airbag light will blink seven times, but it stays on. Please help.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Tuscany
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, a couple of obvious questions come to mind:
1. Is the airbag plugged in fully?
2. Is the SDM fuse good and in place?

The airbag's presence is detected by its resistance (something between 3-5 ohms, give or take, I think). Is it possible the new airbag is outside these limits? A subpar connection--dirty, rusty, loose, etc.--to the airbag might present a resistance that's too high and therefore keep the warning light lit. Or, if the connector is not all the way on, there's some kind of shorting bar that is physically engaged, and this would present the same symptom.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:07 PM
seegeer
Racer

Default airbag light

NICE Job with the video! I accidently pulled that tab on the module below the radio and my light is on now too...same steps apply to clearing it? I am not throwing any codes.

Last edited by seegeer; 08-26-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: er
Old 08-26-2012, 02:15 PM
water
Advanced

Default airbag light

Thanks everyone for your help. Every post was a help. I did have a code on my airbag, but when you try to reset the code, it would come right back. I new then that I had a problem. Took airbag back off and found that I did not have the plug all the way in on the back of the airbag. Light went right off. Rest code. Now all good. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To airbag light

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: airbag light