C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled Codes Tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 07:47 PM
DA1984VETTE
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 57 Posts

Default Pulled Codes Tonight...

I have had my car for about 2-3 months now, so I decided to pull the codes tonight to see if any were present. These are what I got:

DTC P0461 Fuel Level Sensor Performance
DTC P1431 Fuel Level Sensor 2 Performance
DTC P1626 Theft Deterrent Fuel Enable Signal Lost

I have been having problem with the fuel gauge going from full to empty so I would say the top two codes would show that problem, but would the third have anything to do with that. Been using techron additive and doesn't seem to do it is often.

The following codes are in the A0-LDCM AND THE A1-RDCM, the top two in A0-LDCM and the last two in the A1-RDCM..and both have the bottom code.

DTC B2282 Battery #1 Circuit
DTC B2283 Battery #1 Circuit
DTC B2284 Battery #2 Circuit
DTC B2285 Battery #2 Circuit

DTC U1064 Lost Communications with BCM

No other codes set. I reset all the ones that had codes in them. They were all history codes..no current codes.

Any thing to worry about on these codes. I will drive the car and see which ones come back. I have tested the battery and got 11.7 volts with the car off, 14.7 with the car on and 14.7 with the pos batt cable connect to the bolt at the back of the alternator. I have been in contact with Bill Curlee on the battery issue, just haven't taken it out to charge it yet, plan on doing it tomorrow or monday.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:29 PM
sunchaser73
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are/were your "P" codes coming up as "H" or "C" - history or current?

If your battery-related codes are H...I would suspect that the PO had a battery issue at some point. Assuming that they are H, I wouldn't worry too much so long as you keep the battery properly charged.

It is also distinctly possible that your U1064 code is related, but I might expect each module to report a loss of comms...perhaps you should check the serial data bus for potential issues. If you have been in contact with Bill, then he has probably shared his troubleshooting tips for the serial data bus...

Best of luck...let us know how everything turns out...
Old 10-20-2012, 09:19 PM
DA1984VETTE
Drifting

Originally Posted by sunchaser73
Are/were your "P" codes coming up as "H" or "C" - history or current?

If your battery-related codes are H...I would suspect that the PO had a battery issue at some point. Assuming that they are H, I wouldn't worry too much so long as you keep the battery properly charged.

It is also distinctly possible that your U1064 code is related, but I might expect each module to report a loss of comms...perhaps you should check the serial data bus for potential issues. If you have been in contact with Bill, then he has probably shared his troubleshooting tips for the serial data bus...

Best of luck...let us know how everything turns out...
P codes were all H..
Old 10-20-2012, 09:54 PM
sunchaser73
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DA1984VETTE
P codes were all H..
In that case, I wouldn't worry too much about the codes unless they come back...
Old 10-20-2012, 10:52 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Run a few treatments of CHEVRON TECHRON fuel treatment in a few tanks for the fuel level DTCs..

Clear the DTCs and monitor. Make sure that your battery is in good condition and properly charged.

Monitor the DTCs and see what comes back.

BC
Old 10-21-2012, 06:25 PM
DA1984VETTE
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
Run a few treatments of CHEVRON TECHRON fuel treatment in a few tanks for the fuel level DTCs..

Clear the DTCs and monitor. Make sure that your battery is in good condition and properly charged.

Monitor the DTCs and see what comes back.

BC
I tried 3-4 bottles of the chevron techron didn't seem to work. I was told to try the gumout fuel system cleaner..two bottles and seems to have cleared up the gauge problem.

Drove the car today..good long trip..no codes came back.

Will charge the battery today or tomorrow and do another check on that.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:28 AM
Mickeyrx70
Melting Slicks

Received 680 Likes on 570 Posts

I don't want to hijack your thread, but I had the same fuel gauge problem yesterday for the 1st time while enroute to an out-of-town car show. The gauge suddenly dropped to empty from about a half tank. I filled the tank (only took about 10 gallons) and added a bottle of Techron I had on hand. After driving a couple of blocks, the gauge popped back up to full and I drove another 200 miles without anymore issues. I checked the codes when I got home and found a P1431 (h) Fuel Level Sensor 2. If it happens again, do I risk running out of gas or is this just a gauge issue?. Thanks!
Old 10-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Its a gage/Fuel Sender issue and you will only run out of fuel if you drive more miles than the fuel that you have in the tank.

Fuel system cleaner normally fixes the issues The issue is sulfur depots on the fuel level sensor sensor wiper arms and resistive strip.

Get notified of new replies

To Pulled Codes Tonight...

Quick Reply: Pulled Codes Tonight...