C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dashboard lights go out when headlights on, switch is fine

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 11:54 PM
sjvette2
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dashboard lights go out when headlights on, switch is fine

Hi all,
I've searched as many threads as I could find and can't see an answer to this one. When I turn on the lights on my 01 C5 the dash lights go out. Last time this happened (a few years ago) it was the multifunction headlight/turn signal switch. Not this time. The switch is fine. Relay 43 is fine. Fuse 6 is fine. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for any help...
Old 10-23-2012, 02:29 AM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

What happens when you turn the rotary dimmer switch?
Old 10-23-2012, 02:33 AM
DeeGee
Tech Contributor

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Instrument Panel Brightness Control
This feature controls the brightness of the instrument panel lights. The **** for this feature is located on the left side of the instrument panel. Push and release the **** and it will pop out. Turn the **** clockwise to brighten the lights or counterclockwise to dim them. Be sure not to have this **** turned all the way down with the lamps on during the day. Your Driver Information Center (DIC) may not be visible.

Parade Mode
The instrument panel brightness **** has an added feature called parade mode to assist you in seeing certain instrument panel controls if your headlamps are on in the daylight. Turn the **** counterclockwise to dim the instrument panel lights or clockwise to brighten the lights. This will occur only with the parking lamps or headlamps on.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:15 AM
sjvette2
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like something was up with the rotary dimmer - banging on it a couple of times seems to have fixed the problem - thanks for the help!

Get notified of new replies

To Dashboard lights go out when headlights on, switch is fine

Quick Reply: Dashboard lights go out when headlights on, switch is fine