C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Filters, FPR and Fuel Dampner ???'s

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 09:49 PM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Fuel Filters, FPR and Fuel Dampner ???'s

Ok, very simple.

My buddy has a 2001 c5 with a maggie.

The car is dropping fuel pressure at WOT. (stock pump + BAP) It's rock steady around 56psi (should be 58psi) but drops 52psi wot.

Anyways, we checked the BAP and voltage does increase with boost to 17v's.

So the next step is to see if the fuel filter, fuel pump and regulator is working properly.

My questions are about the fuel filters and regulators/dampners associated with the c5's. My understanding, the 97-98's have a regular fuel filter with a regulator on the rail. Is that correct?

Now the 1999-2004's have a fuel filter with a built-in regulator and a fuel dampner on the rail. Is THAT correct?

So, if I wanted to check the regulator and filter it would be the same unit on my buddies 2001 and there is no need to worry about the dampner on the rail?

The dampner, on the maggie kits, are taken off the stock rails and installed into a housing right after the fuel line hook up on the stock magnacharger fuel rails.

With that, what is the role if the dampner and does it also regulate fuel pressure? Would a failing dampner cause a drop in fuel pressure?

Thanks guys.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:27 AM
demoke
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quick Reply: Fuel Filters, FPR and Fuel Dampner ???'s