Go Back   Corvette Forum > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C5 Tech
Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace Sponsored by
Karl Chevrolet

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 12-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #1
hpfiend
CF Senior Member

Default Vss signal to automatic door locks manual c5

Anyone have any information on how the automatic door locks work on the 03 manual transmission corvette (specifically vss input/interpretation)? I can't get my service manual DVD to work on my netbook and my old pc died...
hpfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
1999_TRC
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpfiend View Post
Anyone have any information on how the automatic door locks work on the 03 manual transmission corvette (specifically vss input/interpretation)? I can't get my service manual DVD to work on my netbook and my old pc died...
What is the problem?
1999_TRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08
Support Corvetteforum!

Before you get too deep into troubleshooting this issue, You need to make sure that you have the DIC Options page set up to allow the doors to LOCK/UNLOCK when the car reaches the trip speeds.

IF,, you removed the battery or it wen LOW for what ever reason, the function could have RESET back to the factory DEFAULT settings.

Go into the options page and reset everything to the settings that you desire,, it may resolve your issue.

Please let me know what you find....

Bill
Bill Curlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
hpfiend
CF Senior Member

Thanks for the advice on getting it to work for me! Fortunately, I am not having a problem with it currently-

I was looking for a component location/wiring diagram or general theory of how it interprets/receives the vss signal to lock the doors at 5mph or whatever speed it does in a manual transmission. Is the bcm or the door control module doing it? Is it converting the vss pulse signal to a voltage, is there a relay that trips, position sensor, or a micro switch that opens the circuit to prevent it from trying to lock the doors again once that trip speed is reached again after a stop? My dad had one installed on his Honda Odyssey that did the same thing but it wouldn't work on a manual-I would like to put one on another car we have.

If I could get this DVD to work I wouldn't bother anyone but I have been working on it on and off for days on this windows 7 starter netbook and on an xp home machine... I think I need an old school print version of this manual...

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer!

Last edited by hpfiend; 12-20-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
byronhunter
CF Senior Member

This help?
-------------------------------------------------

Power Door Locks Description and Operation
Lock/Unlock
The driver door lock switch lock and unlock signal circuits provide input to the driver door module (DDM) when the driver door switch is activated to the LOCK or UNLOCK position. These inputs allow the DDM to detect a door lock or unlock request. The DDM provides both power and ground to the driver door lock and unlock switches. When the driver door lock switch is activated, a ground is supplied through the driver door switch to the driver door lock input which is pulled low. When the DDM detects low voltage on the driver door lock input, the DDM will lock the driver door. The DDM will also send a message on the serial data line to the passenger door module (PDM) to lock the passenger door. When the driver door unlock switch is activated, the DDM will unlock the driver door and also send a message on the serial data line to the PDM to unlock the passenger door. The passenger door lock and unlock function operates the same as the driver door except when the PDM detects low voltage on the passenger door lock input, the lock or unlock message is sent to the DDM. Both door modules provide output control to their respective door lock motors based upon a lock or unlock switch input, or from a message received on the serial data line from the other door module. The door modules provide both power and ground through the door lock actuator unlock control, driver door lock actuator unlock control and the door lock actuator lock control circuits to the door lock motors. The lock and unlock output operation is similar to each other except that the polarity of the voltage applied to the door lock motors is reversed.

Automatic Lock
If the AUTO LOCK-ON feature is selected, the vehicle will automatically lock both doors when the transmission is shifted out of PARK. In manual transmission vehicles, both doors will lock when the vehicle exceeds 16 km/h (10 mph).

The AUTO LOCK-OFF feature will disable the automatic lock function.

For information on enabling or disabling the automatic door locks refer to Vehicle Personalization in Personalization.

Automatic Unlock
If the AUTO UNLOCK-DRIVER feature is selected, the vehicle will automatically unlock the driver door when the ignition is turned OFF and the key is removed from the ignition.

If the AUTO UNLOCK-BOTH feature is selected, the vehicle will automatically unlock both doors when the ignition is turned OFF and the key is removed from the ignition.

The AUTO UNLOCK-OFF feature will disable all automatic unlock functions.

For information on enabling or disabling the automatic door unlock feature refer to Vehicle Personalization in Personalization.
byronhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #6
lionelhutz
CF Senior Member

The BCM send a serial command to the door modules. It's not a part you can just easily retrofit.
lionelhutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #7
hpfiend
CF Senior Member

Awesome! Thanks guys!
Old 12-20-2012, 09:20 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C5 Corvettes, 1997 - 2004 > C5 Tech
Reload this Page Vss signal to automatic door locks manual c5